Questions/ Answers- Provigil

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2006 at 6:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now there's Nuvigil

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a physician and occasionally get stuck working nights. When I have a stretch of nights, I take 100mg provigil before starting for each of the first 2 nights. After that, I am "flipped" and don't need it. That is all fine, but then I found that if I am working days, get paged all night, and have a heavy load of hospital patients the next day, I can really benefit from taking the provigil. I do better, and rather than being an ass to everyone all day, I actually maintain social skills. I rarely take it more than 2 days in a row, though, and I think I still feel a slight effect drifting into the 3rd day. I do find that I am probably a little hypomanic on the drug, that is really friendly, able to focus, get tons done, etc. I have never tried any other stimulants, but probably have a mild ADD at baseline. Sound normal?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it. Medicine does not have all the answers and every "body" can respond differently to the same medicine. What is important is that we have medications to use to help people. I am a physician, and yes, I have used many medications off label in an effort to provide my patients with an improved quality of life. In response to the post about pain: "regular pain meds" don't cut it with nerve pain and severe pain. We often have to add antidepressants (that help with chronic pain) and nerve meds (like neurontin) as well. It is all in an effort to find what will help that individual person. Unless a drug has been shown to be overtly toxic and too risky for use, we need to have a varied armament to use. If someone disagrees with this, then you have probably never suffered from a chronic, debilitating disease that keeps you from interacting with your family and friends and simply your life. And someday, you just might be ill enough that, after all the "usual things" fail, you are willing to try the latest "snake oil" in hopes of getting a little bit of relief.

People are sufering everyday from diseases and syndromes we don't understand. Let's not minimize their suffering.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like to snort provigil.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, such a strange and angry group of horrible people you are! if something is helping someone then what the fuck is you problem! "blah blah blah off label this and you don't really need it that" yh it says for narcolepsy on the tin but if under medical supervision somebody finds it helpful for another purpose then why the fuck not. seriously, very negative and horrible posts! u should see ur doc and get some different happy pills u miserable contentious bastards! jeeeeeeeeesus.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or I'll off label push my dick in ur ear, FUCK YOU!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just shit a lung. Sound normal Doctor?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Provigil (modafinil) is a medication that promotes wakefulness. It is thought to work by altering the natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
    Provigil is used to treat excessive sleepiness caused by sleep apnea, narcolepsy, or shift work sleep disorder.Provigil is usually taken each morning to prevent daytime sleepiness, or 1 hour before the start of a work shift to treat work-time sleep disorders.
    If you are taking Provigil to treat sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea, you may also be treated with a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine. This machine is an air pump connected to a mask that gently blows pressurized air into your nose while you sleep. The pump does not breathe for you, but the gentle force of air helps keep your airway open to prevent obstruction.(source: http://www.lowbudget-pharmacy.com)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took Povigil for the first time today, and by 5 pm I was yawning like a koala. Quite honestly I felt a little headed most of the day which may have simply been fabricated by my imagination, but I did not feel this supposed energy boost or enhanced state of wakefulness. I'll stick with my cup oforange juice in the morning.

10. afroxiii

afroxiii new user

haha im glad no one here buys the hype its hillaruious how many people buy the shit