Question: "Will there be more layoffs?" Mike: "Change is constant."

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the first call with our new "leader" Mike touted his transparency. Thanks for that transparency Mike.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a joke that was!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This feels like a Hail Mary to me.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will there be more layoffs you ask? Friend, what just happened this week was not a "layoff", but a reorg for the most part. Very few lost their jobs. The real layoff will take place next year. AZ has NO CHOICE but to have a major cutback! We are way too top heavy in sales and everyone knows it!

So, what will most of you do between now and then, NOTHING! Once again, you took your little sigh of relief, smiled big, and now you feel "Whew..made it again!" You won't make a damn effort to leave because you are too scared of change, and way too lazy to do the due diligence to pave your way out of here. I don't have to worry because I have 30+ years here, and I am just watching and waiting for my big package next year.

Get off your lazy asses and plan your exit on your terms, not theirs!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto that , please pharma gods I need one more good package , just like the one Genentech gave out!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too LOL'ed at "change is constant" I'm surprised we didn't hear "it is what it is." This guy is only one cog in this huge machine. He doesn't know the future he's too far down on the leadership pole. So what does he say? Absolutely nothing...but his mouth sure did move. When are you guys going to get it? We are very very top heavy with sales people. The Frenchman told Wall Street 1.1 billion in savings. Doesn't take a third grader to know what will happen to this sales force. As previous posters have said...most will do nothing some will find a way out. Let's face it...this is the easiest gig on the planet. We know it and most don't want it to end. Yeah it's mind numbing but where else can I make this kind of coin for doing almost nothing? So people stay. When you think about it....it's pretty funny and also so sad. Good luck all.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The all day lie exists everywhere ...UK Global...waited 3 years for that package , skipped out of the door like the other 2,000 . My advice, take all you can, in this place you can run a business and do a degree in the side ...no one knows if you smile, act helpful and make your manager feel good. Clock in, say hello, hang your coat on your chair then fuck off to the cafe to write your business plan ! Thanks AZ for paying me for three years of BD ...stupid fuckers...good for you...keep screwing em and make friends on the outside ..

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait one second....... Is this not the same guy ( Mike ) whom told CV during layoffs a month ago that they where safe this year ? Sounds like butch of fucking liberals - so many lies , miss direction , hyperbole and down right bullshit you can't keep track !,and who or what is going to hold them accountable anyway. Fuck AZ - live the all day lie !

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry , (Mis direction )

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone needs to print off this post and laminate it , and look at it several times a day! It is right on the money!! LIVE THE ALL DAY LIE, AND FUCK AZ!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If change bothers you then your in the wrong industry. AZ owes you nothing and you can leave just as quick as they can cut you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks frenchie, now go fuck a pig ! Lol

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Print this advice too. "In this place you can run a business and do a degree in the side ... Clock in, say hello, hang your coat on your chair then fuck off to the cafe to write your business plan... keep screwing em and make friends on the outside"

It is not our fault. AZ does not develop its employees so this is what has to be done to develop because AZ will toss you in the trash whenever it needs to. Look out for yourself and do what you need to do to keep developing yourself! AZ won't

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rule number one is trust no one at AZ. Don't say anything bad about anyone because it will come back to haunt you. Don't answer any questions like " What do you think of ......? The person who asks that question will use your answer against you. It is called triangulation and there are people at AZ that have made a career out of the bait and switch. Never do anything outstanding or you will be targeted for rumors and personally attacked by your peers and people higher up who see you as a future threat. They will ruin you if they can. Just stay low, try to blend into the wallpaper and never ever volunteer for anything.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just received my AZLearn modules for Epanova! Yeah, I know what "change" lies ahead will not effect moi!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many people were laid off in this most recent 'reorg'?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not as many as most think. The major layoff will happen next year. When Symbicort goes generic, a massive, much needed, reorg will take place. Also, by then, a generic Adair will be out. Revs will drop like a rock with all of our patent losses. Too late-to-the-game ONC drugs won't make up the difference. Respiratory will have so much new competition, that they can't keep up with all of it. Hillary will win, and within a year, you will see competitive bidding for Part D plans, with very few brand name drugs being available, especially if there are generic alternatives. Insurance companies and state medicaid will continue to strangle pharmas for bigger and bigger rebates. Profits shrink.

There you have it. Happy selling, and may the ALL DAY LIE live forever!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the CNS layoff was bigger than anyone is saying (which is nothing from the company). 3 of 4 were let go in my area.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And now we hear that the company will be hiring GSK and other outside the company reps for new product promotion. Tell us what you really think of the sales force, AZ SSLT.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They always are. Notice that most of the veteran CNS reps were let go. Anyone with more than 20 years tenure is on the chopping block in the next 12 months. Oh they will keep a few just to pass legal inspection but make no mistake, tenured reps, particularly those who qualify for Zeneca Pension have a huge target on their backs. They will look for ways to fire them for cause first though.