Question to Mr Jeff George

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Minus 12% ,this is quite a record never happened in the history of Alcon .We were disappointed and felt down, when we delivered less than plus 9%...How do you feel ?
    For sure the team Buehler ,Barton ,Markabi had done a lot of damages but let's look at it ,"the arrogant leadership heir" ,"the best of 40" , didn't turn anything around ,in fact you very effectively destroyed further and further ...Alcon is done with, there is no return ,and for sure none of the solid leaders you or genius Buehler "let go" will ever come back ,they just hate you and what is now named Sandoz Ophthalmic .
    You should ask your father to order a Harvard business case on what has been done with a growth jewel valued at 55 billion in 2010 and flattened in such little time .
    You should feel ashamed and apologize.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You asked so did analysts this week
    JG replied

as Joe had mentioned earlier, we have seen a significant slowdown in emerging markets, particularly in Asia which has led to a core spending drop in our surgical equipment sales which was a significant prior year comp driver for us. We have also seen increasing competitive pricing pressure in our IOL business despite 3% volume growth that we’ve had year-to-date that’s been offset by a combination of price erosion as well as negative mix effect
    ... I think in terms of your second question on the leadership, two-thirds of my leadership team is new in role since last summer. I feel really good about the new leaders that we brought on board. We saw about 130 years of experience, Alcon experience, on my executive committee but it has been significant upgrade ............ , improving our commercial execution, particularly in the U.S. and Asia where we have new leaders since August, and I have not been happy with our performance on the execution front

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't start me on wonder boy and his big hairy audacious goal of selling 5,000 Centurions in a year. Then firing sales people.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two-thirds are new leaders???
    With 130 years of Alcon experience????

Sorry but this math doesn't add up to me.

Bringing in a ton of Novartis people means 2/3 have NO Alcon experience!

In a company which was once 10,000 employees, it's more like there are only 130 people in total left with any meaningful Alcon experience!!!!

If you want to save this company, clear out all the dysfunctional VPs (old and new) and promote the few remaining smart capable experienced Alconites you have left before they too wave goodbye!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question to Mr. Jeff George is supported with FACTS ,the answer doesn't make any sense and for sure numbers do not add ...only Alcon persons of value left are in Manufacturing and Technology .Who is left in Sales and Marketing ,are dysfunctional "brown nosers"...
    Sergio Duplan is the only solid guy ,Novartis but knowledgeable and bright .
    Nobody can expect Alcon legacy talents to come back either they are successful in other companies ,who value them ,or happily retired .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the fall of Alcon is because the lack of understanding of Surgical business and running it like PH. Implementation of PH policies in surgical led the fall and it spiraled and hit PH SOV also.

Arm Chair lawyers and accountants preparing company business strategy where in professionals built the company are sidelined. Most ELT or regional LT has minimal or zero experience in ophthalmology itself!

What else you expect? 12% growth? i think -12% - still the 55Bio invested investors are lucky! its time investors ask tough questions to both JGs!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see what Jeff and ELT propose as a plan to reshape Alcon and improve execution ....executions there will be ...just hope that I will have left by that time .Attias is the worst of them all ,think Markabi was an angel compared .

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, Attias has to be the worst I have seen. Failed everywhere he has been placed but still has a very well paid job.

Not sure why???????

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surgical is not the short term issue at Alcon. Pharma is not the issue at Alcon. Vision Care is not the issue at Alcon. Leadership is the issue at Alcon. Pharma leadership is mostly to blame, but RW really holds the most accountability because he also repeated the issue in 2014 with Surgical. JG is going to have to accept that Alcon needs to put together 1 realistic forecast. Just 1! Then the following year, Alcon can reset and begin to rebuild. GM has been such a coward to admit that Illevro, Olo, and Cipro all are being asked for too much. And you can't stuff channels to meet quarterly goals. If Alcon fixes that this company can be a good place to work. It takes balls though and I don't think this leadership team has any. They are either too stupid, or too arrogant to admit that the forecast does not represent reality. 1 year, 1 accurate forecast and Alcon's back.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Encouraging post but I don't think that brings Alcon "back" it might stop the bleeding and deliver positive growth for one year but your forgetting two things: Pipeline & Innovation. Where is it? We're selling products that could be bought and manufactured any day by someone else. We were told the access to Novartis's library would spark all kinds of possibilities for innovative Alcon products but that's all speculation. Meanwhile start-ups and other competitors are in Phase 3 with new technologies in the space we've dominated and our credibility diminishes by the day. I don't want to cry wolf, I enjoy working for this company, but if we are ever going to get back to being the eye care leader we once were we have to have the pipeline and the products that set a new standard in care and excite our customers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no time for building an pipeline---every 3 months these bastards need THE NUMBER! Pipelines cost money---NOvartis can't afford it--too short term....we are losers now like B+L (valeant)

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Winning means building a plan as a team and executing it. JG needs to learn that and stop complaining about his team...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alcon under Novartis management: Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
    2016 will be the year when Alcon will be sold to Valeant.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post is spot on!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JG, do you really know whats going on in Asia?

EVO is getting controlled and blindfolded by RL who has really spoiled the South East Asia business and now to cover his inability, he is trying to destroy the whole surgical for the area to look good.

its high time, you tell EVO to start thinking independently and come out of the hold of RL& Lawyer

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn well put, hey ZACH, your ears open?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i just hope they don't take away our monthly popcorn Friday, I simply couldn't bear it!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YOU GET POPCORN????!!!!!