Question for group.

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Full disclosure - I am not with your company and I am going to be posting this on a couple of other boards. I am trying to get feedback from some experienced reps on a situation and ethical question I have.

I work for a small pharmaceuticals company and sell an expensive specialty product. Because of price, this product has a 0% dispense rate if it is not reimbursed. Here is where it gets tricky, reimbursement is very challenging but improves 3 fold if a specific diagnosis code is used when the HCP prescribes. Because of this, my company incentivizes us on several factors - individual prescription, completeness of the prescription (our proprietary prescription form includes a diagnosis code which we are encouraged to have checked off) and dispense.

The bottom line is, we are bonuses not only on the script, but also paid on the diagnosis. Several of my colleagues and I feel that we have no business as a sales team encouraging a diagnosis, especially since it is drectly related to reimbursement rates. Looking for your thoughts as a group of long term experienced reps. I've been around CP long enough to know I'll get blasted by a some, hoping for a few educated responses. Thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fin they falsify the diagnosis that's fraud. An audit will come back and your ass is in the line.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they falsify the diagnosis that's fraud. An audit will come back and your ass is in the line.