Question about relocation

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by helpmeimpoor, Feb 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM.

1. helpmeimpoor

helpmeimpoor new user

Hi, I recently had a phone interview (first of three) with JNJ. The position isn't for any specific city. The interviewer asked me where I would like to live and said that they would try to accommodate me depending on the needs of the location. Does JNJ have a relocation package or would I have to pay to move? I didn't ask about money related issues because it was the first interview.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on the position. JNJ relocation packages below director level typically involve a lump sum cash payment to assist with moving expenses. If you spend more than the lump sum given to you, then that comes out of your own pocket. If you spend less than the lump sum given to you to move, the spare cash is yours to keep.

3. helpmeimpoor

helpmeimpoor new user

Thank u for responding. That helps a lot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on a few things. You own a house? Family? Cars? It all adds up. Been moved twice. Paid for everything and spending for two months. Bought my house for appraised value. Gave closing for new house both times. New hire? The package is crap. Airline ticket and $5k taxable. I wouldn't move around the block for that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They Dont buy houses anymore.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also interviewing for a director level position that would require a move. I would not accept the relo package or position if they do not cover all expenses AND guarantee I do not take a loss on my house.

I am sure there are many others who would however if they want top talent they will have to pay for it. Not sure how they can expect someone to take a losss on their house to get a job with J&J as they are no better to work for than Merck, Medtronic, Bos Sci, biogen, Amgen etc. Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a winner. Can we please hire you - we'll do whatever you want, including bailing you out of the home that you overpaid for. NOT!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! Please tell the cashier at Panera I said hello! I know you two are best friends about now since that is the majority of your job.

Speaking of houses... If you are going to throw stones you may want to move out of your glass house.

I have a real job with real transferable skills. Have fun kido!