Primary Care

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and the company will what....just not promote januvia? what is the transition to contract or sell off going to be like? there would be a large gap in coverage on that drug as they can't post for contract reps until the layoffs are complete.

if you have real news, cite some kind of source. otherwise it's just speculation like the rest of us give.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its not just speculation with this guy. He's on 7 or 8 different boards threatening the same thing over and over again. He's just miserable and has nothing to do when he wife goes to work all day long. He sits in his jammies and does things like this all day long. Forget the idiot. He has no idea what he's talking about. Things aren't great but they aren't as dire as the malcontent says they are.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No kidding! Field visits are out of control. 2 or more on average a month is so pathetic and unproductive. CTLs are getting desperate

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please list at least 2 items of value that your CTL brings to each field visit. How does a field visit improve your skills and the customer's experience?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter. They don't visit these boards because they know they get destroyed in here. They would rather not know the truth.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

absolutely noting

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I spend an entire week with each rep. The true worth of each can then be observed, no hiding and slothe. It allows me to expedite turnover!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about these CTLs with a bunch of kids and wives who sit home eating bon bons. I will laugh my arse off when Merck implodes and they lose their shirt. They know another company won't hire them, especially with the Merck bloated ctl comp package. They are in for a rude awakening soon, most are too young to retire, 'honey I'm home, just got a contract rep job, did you find us a rental apartment today'?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally disagree. A good manager/leader can spend 1 hour a month with a rep and will know if the rep is current with all promotional activities, messaging and programs. If you have to micro manage veteran reps, then you should be the rep and save Merck some money. Unless you have a new rep (less than 1 year on the job), then back off, support your reps (your customers) and let your horses run. Good leadership is effective only if there is mutual trust.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust no one and verify everyone repeatedly!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps performing over plan? Leave em alone.

Reps constantly under plan? Ride the sh#t out of em.

Fairly simple.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride them into a PIP, cutoff resources, multiple poor trip reports, lower bucket, no bonus and hound them till they quit!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree. i think attending a lunch and possibly another call or two Max is all that a manager should be in the field per month with a rep. some managers still work with the rep from 8 to 5 and often more than once a month. i am not sure why they do not realize how unnecessary that is.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This totally makes sense.

Problem is, there are a lot of high performing veteran reps that are being slowed down by excessive field visits because the managers are worried about their own metrics and have no other place to go. Fewer managers with greater span of control is the answer.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My friend sells Invokana and her company just did this a few weeks ago. Now each mananger has 15+ people and lots of windshield time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, they did not. A Janssen rep.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She's not with Janssen, she's with contract company selling Invokana. The new model for pharma managers is 15+ reps each. IMO that's how it should be.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must know the CTL's out west! Talk about shitheads! They bring nothing to the table but they think they're the greatest ever!

Hows the lady on the side doing? You know who Im talking about

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its okay jag off.
    Just keep this in mind
    PC=lowest rung on the ladder
    CTL PC-lowest rung on the management ladder