Primary Care

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is it true that all primary care sales jobs will be contract? If so, when? What is the protocol for keeping your position? Would this be through Merck or a company like Inventiv Health?

I am considering a position with Merck, and don't want a contract position.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, it is not true. You will only hear that from dickass on this site. And he says it a lot.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The entire group is going contract, do not accept position!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for your input dickass......I knew you wouldn't disappoint

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again and again, do not take the job the entire group is going contract

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

primary care reps suck ass
    but thats not the reason to decline the job
    the reason to decline the job is the company
    like the thread says:
    merck is the fucking shits
    enjoy

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is only one and one only reason not to take a Merck PC position. All are going contract by years end. I for one am all for the eliminated group, they contribute zero and screw the bottom line and my investment return!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

short term position at best. Perfect for someone who needs to add experience to their resume but not looking for a career.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck has to keep at least 1 PC rep in each territory just so that one rep can gloat and roll their eyes when they see the 'contract' rep enter the office in order to keep the air of superiority from the 'old' Merck days alive.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny and true. The irony is that I have always felt our PC reps are absolutely f--king worthless.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am considering a position at west point. Should I take the job? I will work with employees. There is so much talk about lay offs. Thanks

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you need a job? Do you have any other offers? If your answers are yes and no respectively, take the job. Duh.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's going on in primary care?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing going on. We are sitting ducks in a pond...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah but for every 8 ducks in the pond we have 1 ctl swimming with us. Way too many ctl' s, way too many field rides.

I fear in time the entire pond will be drained and all us ducklings will be waddling around. This stinks.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many more years does Januvia have?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In 2020, it's "bye-bye" to Januvia…and the entire PC group---every one of them. It's already in the 5-year plan. That can change, but it's not likely.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to tell you that the PC dissolution will be announced in Early September and all removed by end of December. So long good bye!