Primary Care Layoffs Coming Very Soon

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you are not aware but you can always contact HR to put in for hand raising. I did it last
    year and they gave me the package last December layoffs in Primary Care. Not a big deal and did it in June and had no repercussions from mgr. I don't believe they are alerted until time to decide at downsizing.
    Hand raising is ongoing and for me it had no impact when I submitted it maybe different from others.
    I would encourage those who want out to send to HR after contacting the apropriate HR rep for your area, they will send you a special email address to send it to. Nothing else is said or done other than they acknowledged your request but does not mean you will be selected.
    Best thing I ever did after 18 years with Merck.
    Take the lump sum and invest it wisely. I already made much more than the piddly returns you get if you keep it with Merck, plus interest rates go up your lump sum will go down.
    When I say take the lump sum transfer it over to an IRA and you will not be dinged for taxes.
    Only penalized extra 10% for early withdraw before 59.5 yeRs old, otherwise taxed as normal earned income.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for posting this. After 18 years service, how much was your lump sum? My guess is in the ballpark of 300,000 is that the right neighborhood?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After 39 years mine was 1.78 million and that was seven years ago!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Comemerida

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1.4 pension plus 1.8 401k.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I raised my hand twice. Both times I was refused a layoff, despite the fact that thousands were being let go against their will. They assigned a new manager, who spent almost a year encouraging my voluntary departure---without a package, of course. That was their plan all along, of course, which is why my request to leave went unfulfilled.

This company is evil to the core.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Karma! You reps dissed R&D and now you are being laid off. Have fun working at the deli store! You already know the manager!! bawhahahahaha!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be gone very shortly so don't fret the outcome. You can settle in to the position that you for years have enjoyed, slothe

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ peeps, what R U hearing? Please share the rumors.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been gone for over two years, Dumbass. Can you read? You are a perfect example of the breed of shit I worked with at Merck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So happy you were axed. My hope is that you are enjoyiny the welfare line. Useless slothe!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, Dumbass, I wasn't axed. I quit to accept more money elsewhere. I did that after spending virtually every minute of my final six months at Merck working elsewhere. I created my own severance:) I swear you are the perfect Merck rep-----dumb as a f--king brick.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your life is so much better now, why do you take time to return to the Merck CP site? Move on. Don't be That Guy who hangs around his high school years after he graduates. It's just weird.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He keeps coming back because he is a mental defect. Useless turd!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coming from a butt hurt loser who probably got turned down from getting a pharmaceutical job. Keep cleaning car windows off highway exit ramps with your sleeve and your own spit waste of sperm.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thousands of us LOVE to watch this train wreck! It's nothing short of fun to hear my former colleagues tell me about your hell hole. Now, go and beg for a signature or two, will you?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I say let the fuck CTL's go. Nobody needs them. Add zero value. They can't even interview without being told what questions to ask. Dick asses-all of them. No go read your little cue cards you stupid fucks

The PC rep: lowest rung on the ladder! And one group will be eliminated shortly! karma biatch, karma

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely you are the lowest rung on the ladder a useless and nonproductive drag on profits and investor return. Fire them all. NOW!!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ah too bad ass licker. Severance in hand shortly, and off to my new job in 3 weeks! See you merck fucks later. you all suck ass. so glad to be done. no time to put up with cookie cutter mentality of PC and its fuck minded CTL's

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK CUBS FRAUD