Primary Care Layoffs Coming Very Soon

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me when I tell you there is a big surprise coming. More layoffs. Will be announced next month. Better have something lined up because they are going to move fast. Good luck to everyone.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boy are you brain dead I have been telling you it was coming since last Friday!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe you, but don't think even the managers know details about this yet. Friends at HQ, please keep us posted on the rumors. Think it will go down quickly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The timing might not be that bad if we get paid til the end of the year and the severance check comes in 2017 so that we don't get killed on taxes.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they are paying the respiratory reps till end of year, so it would make sense for them to do same for PC.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry. Oncology's endless expansions will find a place for them. No Child Left Behind

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will oncology take the PC reps? I thought they were so bent on either oncology experienced or extensive specialty experience.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Already sealed at HQ level.

Two reps per territory. Done by November.

Long range plan is dependent on approval of any future products. If that fall through PC will be 100% contract by January 1, 2017.

Don't ask me who stays, 3rd party company deals with that aspect for legal reasons.

Good luck and sorry for the news but you deserve to know.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a retiree and stockholder all I can say is this makes good business sense. Key phrase is "dependent on approval of any future products". The lifeblood of this industry is new product approvals and launches. Guess the glory days are gone. Sorry, just the reality.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the news and it sounds accurate. However, I question the 100% contract by January 2017 because will won't know about future approvals until we are into 2017.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep
    Need some KARMA out west

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will not even consider PC reps in the oncology sector. We demand successful people!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, enjoy the severance check.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And who are you? Not a hiring manager!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then please explain why PC reps are being placed in Merck Oncology.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There have only been a very select few as there have been only a very very few with the educational level to succeed in this highly scientific academic venue. Sorry to say most of you are too stupid to succeed or bring anything to the table.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People who will be downsized will be the older workers, 55+ and those ranked in the lower buckets. Better to be ready and not be surprised by this, than by being blind sided. Good luck to all.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

55 + is too old in today's atmosphere to be a pharmaceutical rep. Those days are gone. People have to face up to the facts.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wonder if they will ask for hand raisers?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Might be true, but one post said PC going 2 up. If that's true, a person could potentially be gone even if they are young and in a higher "bucket."