Primary Care in 2017?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cuts coming!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You might be right, especially since alzheimer's drug just scrapped.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your Kings suck big time.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fucking Chrysler plant here I come.....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have not jumped the gun. The entire group is on a very short thread. The actions to come have already been signed off. If you aren't currently searching for a new job you are in real trouble.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cant tell you how much enjoyment this gives me. To know that the entire schmerck army of bottom-feeders is on a short leash. Going to bed at night a little nervous about your job? Talking to cohorts on the phone about it constantly? Keeping your mind pre-occupied? Good. I love it. You pricks deserve every bad thing that happens to you. Yes, even losing your livelihood. Karma bitch

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again, Merck sales reps and managers are best suited for singles and duel income childless couples. For the latter, when cuts happen not a big deal and most expect it. For the others, wtf are you thinking? Kid costs, college, weddings, etc, all will come to an end. Same scenario with a housewife at home? You are a full blown idiot on borrowed time. Severance won't last and don't think you will be offered other jobs. Regardless of which scenario you call under the smart reps/ctl's always have something on the side such as real estate, franchises,etc. Get your affairs in order now, huuuuuge changes are imminent.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above post is probably one of the most important messages you will ever see on CP. Changes ARE coming and if you are under 55 years old and still need to work, get ready for less pay and less freedom in your daily schedule. The glory days are over.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guess the 'rebadging' language that has been on the HR site for years will finally come to fruition. Glorified contract sales, less pay and perks.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Friends at HQ: What is timeframe this? Please let us know if you have any info.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been hearing that huuuuge changes are imminent since about 1994 actually...And you know what? They never seem to come...Listen, without armies of sales reps, middle and senior managers won't have jobs, so don't fret too much about huge changes coming. As long as pharma companies are built around supplying high paying, cushy jobs to managers, there will still be tons of rep positions. (Even though they are no longer needed.) The whole industry is a bit of a scam folks...Lucky they are able to fleece the public and keep the cash rolling in. I do agree with the above post, however, in that people do need to be prepared to have something else besides pharma to leapfrog to, should the bell toll for thee. I got pushed out at 50, and my cushy life of nice restaurants and yearly vacations abroad, has come to a crashing halt. Life is very tough out there after being on cruise control your whole "career" in pharma.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You fucking have your head buried in the sand dick ass? There's been lay-off's constantly for the past 10 years! What the fuck are you talking about? This is your typical Schmerck rep-completely out of touch with reality. Cuts never seem to come, eh? Fucking clueless moron. Your business model is so far removed from whats real it would be laughable if it weren't so sad. Get lost douche bag. You were pushed out because you don't know what real is, and you certainly didnt learn anything from the pharma industry with all your "career" talk dick face

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have informed you repeatedly that the decision has already been made and signed off. The future is contract and a small footprint at that.. If you are not searching for employment you are burying your head in the sand. Some info will be shared at year end meetings.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're kidding--not till years END???? Shoot. I was hoping for March. Want to enjoy a summer off.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

End of year at the latest. CFO wants us off the books by 2018. For primary care, when sample allocations start dwindling, you will know announcements are imminent.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

struck a nerve did I snowflake? Your name calling suggests a rather immature personality...You know enough
    just to hit "DELI" which you have on speed dial for your ever so important RFMs. I never said people didn't get laid off, or there have not been changes to pharma over the years. What I said, is that these catastrophic mass layoffs, that you pontificate endlessly about, never seen to happen. Sure there are re-orgs, and a few folks get laid off here and there, but considering you don't really need sales reps anymore, the changes are relatively minor. I agree that Merck's business plan is completely detached from reality. That we do agree on. But in terms of your "sky is falling" mentality, it never seems to happen at Merck. Relax ok?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mass layoffs don't happen, eh fuck face? Hows that sand tasting? Come up for air lately? I know why youre no longer here. You too fucking stupid. So go enjoy your retirement using your 1982 RV

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just dropping off CTL. I can't believe what he actually told me. "Be sure to keep your options open and your network engaged. Change is coming." If he visits CP, I'm busted. He's one of the most positive managers around and always keeps a good thought. Now I am beginning to worry. Probaby best to polish resume and begin contacting recruiters before all the real jobs are gobbled up.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my ctl visited me last week and although didnt use the same words, she did express the same thought

might be time to start thinking of what I'll be doing next