Pre-employment drug testing

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smoked a doobie on my way to the drug test and pased with flying colors.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hair or urine? thx!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They asked for a blood, urine, stool, and pube sample. I handed them my boxers with my compliments.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen too much to those on this board slamming the company. They have jobs that overpay for the work performed and they should be greatful. Instead they criticize every decision made which they don't understand and complain about being accountable. They are not the majority.

As to your recreational smoking, Quit. It's time to grow up. You are taking big risks that arn't worth it. This anziety you are having over testing positive and the possibility that you won't get the job is evidence of that. Is it worth trashing your career?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax, Niedermeier. Do a couple bong hits of this killer purple skunk and mellow the fuck out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

people is it hair or urine? just want to know what to expect ... thx.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Questions HR will ask to see if your a pothead:
    Do you eat at Taco Bell more than 8 times a week?
    Do You wear sunglasses at night, and see better?
    Someone has ever come up to you on the street and said "Hi" and you said "Yep."
    You thought the ebola virus was a type of weed.
    Doyou You worry about the drug test being urine or hair.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have to ask---don't even apply. You will not be able to handle this job

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok if that's how you feel about it. a simple question. not been in the industry long and the last test was so weird. locked in a room to pee. never saw the cup again. not the nicest lab. wonder why i cannot go to my own doctor for this type of intrusive testing. very strange. just wondered that's all. not a druggie but just a bit uneasy by all this secrecy. bizarre. the thought of someone actually cutting my hair possibly is really really weird. just wondered what anyone could advise if that is the procedure... sorry to impose upon you. i understand you all seem to be a bit stressed and not that welcoming to a potential new person.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"One pill makes you happy, one pill makes you small, and the pills that mother gives you doesn't do anything at all"!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone been able to bring a concealed bag of clean urine with them to use for drug screen? Does someone from BMS come into the bathroom with you? If so, how closely do they watch what you are doing when you fill up the sample bottle. Are they watching closely or do they avert their eyes and act uncomfortable? I'm trying to determine if I can slip a fake clean urine sample past the system. This worked for me at Merck but the monitor was not very vigilent and didn't really care.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

first, drug screening is now idiotic with so many states now going with medical pot. don't really think a meth addict is going to be applying ... or hired.

second, the labs treat you like dirt. take away everything. send you into a toilet with a cup -
    stand at the door - listening and timing you - if any pee gets in the toilet, you are not allowed to flush. you open the door and hand them the cup - they look in the toilet - tell you you can wash your hands and disappear with your sample. they search the waste paper basket too. a real power trip for the lab person.

third, how the hell do i know MY sample is the one being tested for my job app is always my question - whether hair or pee, you never really know.

and no. no one has ever brought piss in with them. you are practically searched. plus they test the temp which would be off too ... then they probably sell it, your piss that is.

so many companies have done away with this because it is so bogus.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was hired in 2010. I had no drug screen. Thought it was weird...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do a sophisticated hair follicle test that can go back more than 6 months now. You are fucked.
    So, maybe it's time to grow up. If you "need" pot to relax, you obviously have issues and perhaps should take pharmaceuticals rather than selling them. Not to mention you are a fucking liability to the company driving around in their car. Drug driving is as serious of an offense as drunk driving, difference is, alcohol isn't illegal. So, put your big boy underpants on and grow up jag bag.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a urine test.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thank you mr. csi ...!

it seems like all the poster wanted to know was what was the process so try not to stomp on a simple question with multiple assumptions!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to decide if you want a career or just a paycheck. If you are good at political ass kissing I think BMS is as good as any company so a career is possible. I decided a couple years ago when Derek David was fucking up the place that my career aspirations were out the window and all I wanted was a paycheck. I just can't kiss ass, it's not in me

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a hair test, has one recently. Most companies are following suit.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares? Piss in a cup, pull out a pube, crap in a bag if that's what they need. The fact is, if THC or anything else for that matter is floating around in your system for > 30 days, you shouldn't be doing it. Just because some state has reduced their restrictions on medical marijuana doesn't mean the feds have removed it from their illegal narcotics list. If you are still imbibing and it is as harmless or non addictive as you claim, quit. For the sake of the job, if you really want to work here, quit. It's time to grow up.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said! Seriously, people grow up! If you don't think that pot changes your moods and affects your body in a bad way, you are fucking out of your mind. In this economy why would you risk a job because of a habit that could fuck your career. The poster needs a serious reality check.