Pre-employment drug testing

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the method of pre-employment drug test at BMS? Urine or hair?

I may be interviewing and want to plan accordingly to slow my occasional recreational weekend smoking hobby. Thank you to all serious posters who reply.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prepare to piss

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! Shame that weekend activities that are to relax and have no bearing on work output are an issue - but it is what it is. I've always thought drinking a 6 pack is much worst overall than moderate smoking.

Anyway thanks again.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A smoked a doobie on my way to the lab, they hired me as a VP.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was the original poster.

I tell you, after reading many posts on here seems BMS is not an ideal place to work so drug test topic may prove moot. I am already at a decent job and was looking to progress so considering other alternatives. I am not the kind of employee who will sell my soul to any company unless my name is on the company and seems like that and/or ass kissing is what is needed at BMS.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is what it is.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A job is a job, not called fun.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

op posted same thread on abbott board. loser

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fu dude

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are going to work here, learn how to pucker up. Do ass hairs in your mouth bother you? If so, try another company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats the deal with a Synthes drug screen? yes, no, smart ass response?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are doing hair samples now, can go back 6 months or more to see if you have used rugs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS used to be a decent company to work for. They took care of their employees. A little conservative with the salary and bonus but still took care of us none the less. Now, with the new regime in, they are no better than Lilly, Merck or Pfizer. They are more worried about checking the box and bitching about why mediocre drugs like Onglyza and Kombiglzye are not putting out Plavix like numbers. Its a shame really. You are smart to look elsewhere. Mostly because this company is getting ready to go through another *cough cough* territory shift (lay off).

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I didn't have the years in here, I would leave, but used to the crap and idiot leadership. Becoming more micromanaging than ever. Look elsewhere.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bah, quit your complaining. Ride the gravy train as long as you can. If you can find another job with equal pay go for it. I know some who have, but most of us are stuck and waiting for the layoff so we can move on with our lives. Until that day comes, enjoy the gravy train. Its just to bad the gravy is for covering up the crap.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a pre-employment screen with BMS this Thursday. I have a script for hydrocodone (two bad knees), should I be concerned about failing/not being hired b/c of it? Not another thing in my system.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A doper (whether legit or not????) on hydrocodone shouldn't be driving a car for long periods of time.....no way in hell would I hire such a liability.

Then there's disability......
    Sorry, you are an employer's nightmare

No offense intended, just hard facts

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS is not as good as Lilly, Merck or Pfizer.....the BMS strategy from cars to salary to benefits is "do the minimum to be competitive"
    now that reps are a dime a dozen and access/impact is minimal, not a very worthwhile investment

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i actually had to sh1t in a cup. this picks up anything over a 12 month period and gives on the spot test results.