Power to the reps!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just wanted to say that the majority of you are awesome! The negative posts ARE NOT about you and the strong efforts you put fourth weekly. Have a great rest of the week and keep sane while dealing with your local fake BS you have to put up with! You're better than the DM!

To the slimy, bottom feeding, unneeded, awful, backstabbing,upper management, and bean counters F you!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here, here! That goes for ALL components of this place, especially R&D, which is Run by Degenerates

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems as if some fired employees are playing on this site today......why not go outside and let your little balloon go ?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought they closed down R&D?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A little info to give reps a little more of an upper hand. Several years ago there was a class action law suit brought about by GSK sales reps. It had to do with overtime pay and the differentiation between "exempt and non-exempt" employee status. The case was appealed all the way to the US Supreme court. GSK ended up winning the case. It meant that GSK did not have to pay its sales representatives overtime compensation. However, it also meant that GSK cannot determine set hours of work. So, if your work can be completed in 6 hours vs 8 hours, you can feel free to go home, go to the gym, take a pilates class, etc. The field managers have all been made aware of this in detail. They will not tell you about it...unless you inquire. This is a fact! I am not just stirring the pot. You can research the details of the case yourself. I will stress it again, ALL OF THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THIS. So let them know, that you know. You can do it in a very innocent way. "So I heard a rumor about the GSK overtime lawsuit. Can you tell me if it's true? That representatives have no defined hours?" Watch them squirm.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A little info to give reps a little more of an upper hand. Several years ago there was a class action law suit brought about by GSK sales reps. It had to do with overtime pay and the differentiation between "exempt and non-exempt" employee status. The case was appealed all the way to the US Supreme court. GSK ended up winning the case. It meant that GSK did not have to pay its sales representatives overtime compensation. However, it also meant that GSK cannot determine set hours of work. So, if your work can be completed in 6 hours vs 8 hours, you can feel free to go home, go to the gym, take a pilates class, etc. The field managers have all been made aware of this in detail. They will not tell you about it...unless you inquire. This is a fact! I am not just stirring the pot. You can research the details of the case yourself. I will stress it again, ALL OF THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT TEAM HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THIS. So let them know, that you know. You can do it in a very innocent way. "So I heard a rumor about the GSK overtime lawsuit. Can you tell me if it's true? That representatives have no defined hours?" Watch them squirm.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of this is true. GSK scared to set hours. Knew the reps who did this and after case was heard never heard again from management that their were set field hours!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post is 100% accurate. GSK does not want the reps to know about the details but it is true. But it's kind of like vegas, the house always wins. GSK can make this job require 12 hours per day to get the job done. They could have you analyzing and running a myriad of reports, make your call average 12 per day, hold conference calls everyday at 4pm, have you on crazy task forces, etc. So step carefully. But you are correct about our job description. My wife is an attorney. We followed the case closely. Sales reps can work as they see fit as long as the basic job requirements are fulfilled. So if you want to work a 1/2 day on any given Wednesday and you have 8 calls under your belt, you are totally within your rights. My manager actually told me that she is aware of this situation and that all managers were told of the law. The case final ruling was in 2012 and it did reach the US Supreme Court.

10. Reality

Reality Guest

Yaaaaawwwwnnnn......another thread started by the troll, who then comments in his own posts and fills it up.

What a waste of time.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ambulance chasers and also bottom feeders......also very immature.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your manager what the official hours for a rep to be in the field. I guarantee you that their response will be vague. What they won't tell you, at least they have been told not to tell you, is that there are no official hours. The highest court in the country made that crystal clear. Expense reports, territory planning, routing, reading of e-mails, answering e-mails, visits to storage unit, text messaging, etc. All are considered part of your job. Because GSK fought to not pay overtime, they cannot dictate any fixed hours of work. There is some common sense which is expected. For example, you can't say that your hours to call on physician offices begins at 4 pm. We all know clinics are open from 9-5 in the majority of cases. So your job should take place between 8-5. Now, because some of our job is conducted at night or over lunch, we have reasonable flexibility to use discretion. Read the judges comments. It says this! I will paste the notes from the ruling if you would like. Bottom line, GSK does not want to discuss this as many of you lazy idiots would only work 4 hours per day. That being said, as long as your basic job is complete, you can work as you see fit. Want to knock off at 3:30? Go for it. They cannot touch you. If they do, they would be subject to massive litigation in which they would lose and lose big! Again, they fought for this...all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. So politely ask your manager about this. Mine actually confirmed everything I have just written. If you think I am a troll, all you have to do is google what I am telling you. It's all there my friends.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask your manager what the official hours for a rep to be in the field. I guarantee you that their response will be vague. What they won't tell you, at least they have been told not to tell you, is that there are no official hours. The highest court in the country made that crystal clear. Expense reports, territory planning, routing, reading of e-mails, answering e-mails, visits to storage unit, text messaging, etc. All are considered part of your job. Because GSK fought to not pay overtime, they cannot dictate any fixed hours of work. There is some common sense which is expected. For example, you can't say that your hours to call on physician offices begins at 4 pm. We all know clinics are open from 9-5 in the majority of cases. So your job should take place between 8-5. Now, because some of our job is conducted at night or over lunch, we have reasonable flexibility to use discretion. Read the judges comments. It says this! I will paste the notes from the ruling if you would like. Bottom line, GSK does not want to discuss this as many of you lazy idiots would only work 4 hours per day. That being said, as long as your basic job is complete, you can work as you see fit. Want to knock off at 3:30? Go for it. They cannot touch you. If they do, they would be subject to massive litigation in which they would lose and lose big! Again, they fought for this...all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. So politely ask your manager about this. Mine actually confirmed everything I have just written. If you think I am a troll, all you have to do is google what I am telling you. It's all there my friends.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the truth.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

please paste the notes from the ruling

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

www.reuters.com/article/us-glaxo-overtime-sales

Here you go! There are many more articles you can read if you bother to just type in a search on the subject. This is not one of those conspiracy / half-baked rep rants. It's a fact! It has happened and GSK won. But the cost to GSK is that reps have a reasonable amount of control on how they work their days. The company can't tell you when to do an expense report, when to go to your storage unit, when to read e-mails or when to make sales calls. As an exempt employee (under the law) reps can make those decisions at their discretion. So, if you have your 8 calls in by 3pm, a rep can choose to go to the gym for an hour. Hop on a district conference call at 4 pm and finish up entering in sales calls from 5 to 5:30. The company doesn't want you to know about this little FACT as they want their cake an be able to eat it too. Exempt status is what it is and the company wanted it that way. Otherwise they would owe hundreds of millions in overtime pay... and...would have to pay overtime for everyone working more than 40 hours per week. Which means, reps would be tracked from 8 to 5....but...it would be mandated that reps quit after each 8 hour day. They would also have to offer two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch, which would also be logged in and tracked. So, all those in-sevice lunches would not count as a lunch. They would be considered work. Imagine having a lunch-n- learn from 12:30 to 2pm. Then being able to take another 30 minutes (drive time would not count) to sit outside have a smoke and relax for 30 minutes before going to your next call..funny but that's the way it would look. To those who claim that this is a board troll, I claim that you are self-diluted and have imbibed in too much orange cool-aide

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are not "a troll".....you are the King of the Trolls.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This makes sense on the fact we have no overtime. I was told "hours" were from 8:30-5.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they sure do seem to keep it vague. However, I have asked my TSM about this. He explained that the company cannot dictate precise hours of work. They can give a guideline of 8:30 to 5. He also said that if I were to take advantage of this, he would begin to track my days hour by hour. He said it with a wink but the message was clear. Do your job from 8:30 to 5. If you need to run an errand occasionally, go ahead as long as your work is done. I like the way he presented it. It wasn't the old "you need to be in the field from 8:30 to 5 in front of customers. Administrative, emails, expense reports are to be done before or after hours". It was actually a refreshing conversation. He said the reason he has not proactively brought it up is that there are three individuals in our district who would exploit this and he would rather not give them the opportunity. He also said, that if the people he was concerned with did abuse this, he would be within his rights to get HR involved. While he didn't say it out loud, I could tell he was referencing the "working moms" on the team. In the end, do your job and you will be fine.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a blow job from a female "hottie" rep in my storage unit last year. Would you consider her at work or on a break? She needed some promotional materials. Seemed like a fair trade to me. It was a highlight of my career at GSK!