Poor Amgen Culture

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jan 24, 2017 at 9:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New amgen rep here. ok what is with this company? I thought Amgen was a great place to work. I guess not in field sales. Why are all the reps stressed out? Tenured reps want out. What's the deal with the messed up data here? missing syringes from the different products and things not being reported? Amgen get it together. Has things always been like this here? Is it true there are no long term reps here. 18 months then change yr role?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What division?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

amgen used to have a great culture but that was over 10 years ago.

Amgen sucks now. Should have done your due diligence before joining. This is big Pharma

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BCBU here.
    There's no way to know until your here that there are data reporting issues. Your golden if you have a decent amount of B&B but if not yr SOL and gave to hope tr pharmacy data is bought vs non reported.
    Culture in bcbu is based off fear

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cafe pharma tells the truth about Amgen employees' moral and unqualified management. You should have done your homework before coming. Don't let the koolaid drinking manager sell you Amgen. It is toxic from the top down. People leave because leaders can not lead or motivate here. They know how to check the boxes very well. Good luck!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is sadly on-point. These are people whose goal is to move up. You get some fancy ex-McKinsey consultant (aka OBU Laura Brand type) with no leadership skills, relevant experience, or anything of substantial value become a sales leader. It's to check a box. Just like her one year in a high performing OBU district was to show results that she has leadership skills and field experience. At Amgen, you are just a pawn of Amgen's chosen one (golden children of Amgen's senior management). Amgen management loves to give these golden children promotions, which you will never be considered for without brown nosing like hell. Accomplishments don't matter here or working hard. Sadly, even when these golden children leave their fake resume and slick talking will get them jobs where they still don't belong or deserve.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't you know Laura brand is a Wharton MBA? Donald Trump went to Wharton too!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen can eat a dick .. I've seen people get laid off right in the middle of new hire training . They expand hire promise the world only to lay off 6 months later. Very little room for afvanancement and there is no management training program . If you want to advance your career you can move to Thousand Oaks but there are few opportunities and so expensive to live.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is correct, worst culture I have ever seen by far. Management is full of bad politicians with no skills whatsover.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a former Amgen employee who has worked more than 20 years in the pharmaceutical industry for 4 of the top companies. I can tell you that the culture at Amgen is far worse than people have described in this thread. While pay and benefits at AMGN is great, the people in management suck. Ass kissing is the key skill you need for success and generating a good powerpoint slide is just about the best thing a person can do there. New Ideas, hard work and innovation are not rewarded - in fact I was discouraged from improving processes and adding value. Just kiss in the upwards direction, smile a lot and you have a good shot there. I am SO happy to be out of that BS. The TO site is nice though!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no competition from other companies in TO. Amgen only has been successful with drugs in monopoly markets. In those markets, anyone can be successful. Too many egos. Too many shitty ass kissers promoted with no talent. They then promote others like them. It's a non stop cycle of incompetence.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came to Amgen 2 years ago and I cannot believe how screwed up this place is. The culture is horrible and full of fear. You would have no idea coming in from the outside!! You would think this place was great. Not at all.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly true. What makes it worse is the good ole boy network on top of it. One least deserving person promoted after another. No ethics or morals involved. A train wreck!!! Great benefits terrible culture some regions better than others but do your homework. Horrible in the North

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my mom loves at Amgen. So I don't know what you're talking about. My dad and I are very supportive of her career.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is run by lawyers and fear rules the day. Just know that working under a corporate integrity agreement (CIA) in this industry is severely crippling in EVERY WAY. Combine the CIA with INCOMPETENT leadership at best and you have a perfect storm for misery!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's great

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A little dystopian literature analogy here...Being an Amgen Sales Rep in BCBU today is like being a tribute in The Hunger Games. There is President Snow who is really doped up on something most of the time, TO is of course The Capital where everyone dresses funny, and lives the lifestyles of the rich and famous or so they say..And reps are in The Districts, supporting the Capital. Everyone knows the culture is not quite right but fears for their lives and company cars to speak up. The Peacekeepers are naturally the legal department, compliance is our top priority. If you party hard though you may get promoted! Do order large buttons with your own name printed on it to the next meeting - Vote for Me! Tis a culture of self -promotion. Gone are the days of being innovative, being proud of our jobs and products, welcome the days checking boxes and Big Pharma. Keep up the good work everyone- the Capital is counting on you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where does she work?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow what an imagination.. time to move south to Hollywood!