Physician Office Sales Rep

Discussion in 'Medline' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not BS - sometimes an IDN's corporate purchasing will integrate the PO's into the IDN supply chain but often corporate purchasing will have little to no involvement in the PO's. Either way it is the PO Rep's job to sell, sure it is more difficult if the IDN is not a prime vendor account but it has and can be done. This is a SALES position, which means sell Medline - if you simply want pre-existing business to manage that is handed to you on a silver platter then you are probably better suited to a position like customer service, not sales.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder if anyone mentioned S freight, house draw, and all the other miscellaneous charges Medline pulls from your commission to the poster?
    Has anyone here ever received a $0 paycheck from Medline? Just curious!

Oh, maybe I should have said negative paycheck only to have the balance deducted from the next months paycheck..............Anyone?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the car allowance on going, or just for the first 6 months to a year? Do they pay gas on top of that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is training set up? Length?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 weeks total

Phase 1 up in Mundelien you will be put up in a shit hole hotel with a room mate.
    Phase 2 is 2 full weeks at corporates same deal. You have to share a hotel again. You will work on Saturday.
    Phase 3 more of the same.

Good training overall they are going to throw a shit ton of product not much selling technique.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This division is go to crush it. Medline products with aggressive pricing will allow us to take it to PSS. My best guess is that the top reps in this division will be pushing 300K within 18-24 months. You just gotta hustle

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come back in 24 months and let us all know how that worked out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kelly is going to tank this division just like he did the Southwest. Fact. You have General Line reps with 20M+ in business that do not make 300k. Fact.

Put down the crack pipe and step away.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about 100, is that realistic? What is the benefits package like? Car allowance? Gas? thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possibly... depends on the territory. They do match 401K at 4%, they give a car allowance but it's only for the first 6 months then nothing after that. Benefits suck... the more you make the more you pay. For a family of 3 I pay over 700 bucks a month and I make almost 200k a year in a large GL territory.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those look like good benefits. I am really gonna explore this gig, since I am used to not getting very good benefits. Physician office is where the future is. Even if you cant make 300K, you can easily make 200K and have great benefits, if you hustel.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are delusional if you think you are going to make 200K as ha Physician rep. Physician Offices are NOT the future of healthcare? WTF are you even talking about?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those look like good benefits. - lie
    Physician office is where the future is. - lie
    you cant make 300K [sic] - true
    you can easily make 200K and have great benefits - lie

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they want good people, and want them to stay and build the business, then they need to pay monthly car allow, gas, and insurance. 401 K etc on top of that. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Treat your employees well, and they gove back in return....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

give

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong board.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Everyone, I used to work in the Advanced Wound Care division for 4.5 years where I worked 11 hours a day and busted my hump on weekends meeting with customers... the most I ever made was this year when I was finally was going to triple my salary. My boss lied about me, then fired me so he could keep my commissions. My advice is even if you make it you won't be allowed to keep it. I went to a labor attorney and because it says in my contract that they can fire you at any time and keep your commissions they can do whatever they want and get away with it. My manager did this 2 years ago to another rep -at this rate he makes an extra $100.000 every two years by firing someone because managers are paid commissions minus expenses. Over and over we heard about Integrity, but there is NONE!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep.

make sure you get all your contacts uploaded to your new ipad. one medline.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After Cardinal rolled out the tracking software package they fired ALL the middle managers not the sales reps.