Philly CMF Mgr

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have an idea of what the comp plan is for this position? Also how is the product pipeline and QOL?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn't matter. Philly is Synthes number 1 CMF account nationally. They have almost every hospital on lockdown and I mean every single one. I think the guy has 3 ASC's helping him he has so much business. I wouldn't work this territory to save my life.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The TM position or RM position?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The field sales guy, TM. Why would you manage or sell CMF in that market? I mean we can all sell but going in and trying to flip 3-5 hospitals especially Penn Children's is dumb. It's going to be like little old Stryker guy vs 2-3 ASC's and the head rep for the other side. I have MD in my family in Philly and based on his estimates the Synthes rep has to be making over 500k. Go for it if you want to but get ready for a years long siege battle. Maybe you can turn it around in 2021. Then 2023 will be your best year ever.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IF this is true don't be surprised if the Synthes rep hires some 21 yr old dip ASC to just drive to your house every morning at 5:30am and follow your A** all day long like a shadow and report back on every doc you saw that day. Then big boy rep follows up with that doc the next day to crush your conversation. If seen it done before.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current CMF rep here in major metro area. Always been curious if this actually happens. Care to elaborate?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah when I came on board a long long time ago this happened to one of my training buddies in a big city. His competitive counterpart owned the market and was making huge amounts of money (I assume) because this guy had one of his ASC's or partners follow my training buddy all day. As in literally just followed him around like a freaking CIA operative. My buddy left in 8 months because this other guy was crushing every doc he talked to. This was the good old days back then. But let's be honest. If You were making 400-600k a year wouldn't you do the same thing. No other job in the country can pay out that much other other than docs and lawyers or high ranking CFO types (typically). My buddy had his tires deflated one day at the local hospital. All 4 on the day of a case he had with a doc he was courting. He missed the case and lost that docs ear. S*** gets real when you talk big $$. My point is that philly seems like this type of environment. Good luck

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

False. CMF at Jefferson is all Stryker. Temple is a mix of Synthes, Osteomed, Stryker, Biomet. Hahnemann is Stryker and KLS. Penn is the only all Synthes account. South/Central Jersey is all Stryker. Deleware is Stryker and Biomet.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many reps cover this area with all these facilities?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I run the Philly scene and yes there are still 500K plus years in store for me. I will deflate tires, egos and your relationships over the next couple years. You all know who I am and I like it that's way. You have been warned

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The children's hospital contract is up for bid and since the Biomet/Zimmer North American VP went to Penn and lives in philly the full court press and bank vault is one for them to kick Synthes out.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you "run" the Philly scene when Synthes is crushing you? Just curious...