Pharma Time For Reality!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 21, 2016 at 8:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers having 7 or 8 reps and way too many ride alongs and in the same open offices constantly along with Performance Coaches is becoming way over the top. Let's face reality, we only see 2 or 3 prescribers a day and sometimes less. If managers are going to continue these ride alongs they have to be shown reality and sample drops, staff calls recorded as a call. Times have changed but we have not!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ride alongs are an essential part of ensuring that foodstuffs are delivered accurately, on time, and at optimal temperature for our valued seacow office staff/gatekeepers.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

End result is that the situation is pissing off offices. So apparently it's more important to parade the manager around than maintain our relationships in offices?!? Total BS - this is what has ruined this industry!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely brilliant strategy, you're so far down the rung you can't appreciate the shear genius of carpet bombing the offices with multiple teams of reps and with their managers to boot!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you on the bad of the ride alongs. But don't show them reality, I hate to say this but you will get in trouble for it. There's a reason everyone scrambles to the good offices, doing anything else is just asking for worse coaching reports.

However, it doesn't hurt to mix reality in on days where your dm has to go home earlier.

I agree it's terrible but be smart.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kind of funny isn't it? All that we here in this business is that we must except change. Yet we are stuck in the mud with these antiquated manager ride alongs!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The industry is holding on this outdated management model. They hold on because if they don't, they know many of them will be out of work. All the way up the line. TSM, RSD, SVP. It's part of the reason we hold on to field based positions that add almost no value. Think about our IDN teams. They only have to make 5 face to face calls ... PER MONTH!! They really cannot contract and basically take up a fat salary and spend 75% of their days at home. It's amazing! Worst of all they behave as if they are the second coming. I digress. a new management style will happen at some point. As soon as the millennials begin to rise through the ranks. While they have an entitled mentality they are also quick to call BS on things that don't make sense. Give it 5 more years. You will see a change industry wide. San of control of 12 to 1. Work contacts that have two or three appointments. A consultative and team selling approach. It's coming.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recently retired from another drug company, but like to visit CP boards of the top Pharma Cos. I started in the late 70's with a company now out of business (thanks to several mergers). Boy have times changed!! My first manager told me he would visit 2 times a year; once for annual review and once to make sure I hadn't sold the co. car. He told me if he had to come visit more often, that meant a problem that had to be addressed. My last full year before retirement, I had more field rides in 6 months than I had in the first five years with my first DM! I really don't know how you guys keep your sanity. I do hope companies realize they are wearing out the good offices with all the DM ride alongs. As more and more offices limit DMs, something will have to give.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ah the good ole days... when you could pay for your docs' hookers.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Attention Idiots at GSK:

Here is what you do to make you docs and reps happy...

1. Breo one rep per territory approx 100 docs..
    2. Anoro one rep for 140 docs....doesn't sell as well as Breo
    3. One rep for the rest of non-sellers...let them get business where they can
    4. DM's-if you ask how many docs want to see you..the answer is ZERO.

Either help or get out of the way.....

Nuff Said!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's funny. Upon leaving GSK and thriving 90% of my decisions upon where I work comes down to how they conduct ride alongs.

Attracting major talent will eventually force the industry to change how they conduct business via these ghey ride alongs. . There will come a point where most good reps simply won't put up with this archaic ridiculous system anymore.

Sadly GSK just doesn't get it. Leaving this dump was the best thing I ever did.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The management style at gsk is stuck in a 1950s communist time warp.