Pfizer Retiree Medical

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks you are living in the past. 90% of private companies today don't even offer pensions let alone medical plans for retirees. You are lucky if you can get a 401k anymore. It's the future of American business. Until our standard of living are equal to India's and China's standard of living this free fall in quality of life won't stop. I am positive now that I will have no retirement and have to work until I am terminally hospitalized or I die.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just retired on 12/31/2011 (Legacy Wyeth) and received my health plan coverage confirmation in the mail last week. I have what I figured is the best plan, my wife and daugheter are in the Horizon PPO and I'm in the plan to supplement Medicare. The medical plan (which includes Rx coverage is $128/month for myself, spouse and family. Dental for all 3 is $26.05. Grand total is $154.05 for the family.

I'll find out how well the supplementy works out soon - going in hospital on 01/18/2012 for an ablation (heart). Will let you all know when the smoke clears and all final billing is complete.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$25 mo. for dental for self, $326 mo. for medical & and vision for an adult & child. I think family plan that includes spouse is an additional $150 mo, but can't remember.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're such a clueless ideologue, which makes you the perfect Republican voter. Have you forgotten Bush gave us the mess that Obama has worked hard to get us out of. Have you forgotten that Obama took out Bin laden after Bush had given up on getting him. Have you forgotten how much money got pulled out of the working and middle classes right into the pockets of the rich thanks to 30 years of Republican tax cuts for the One Percent. What an ass you are........

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm amazed you got this deal. When I look in my Pfizer retiree medical coverage paperwork it says when I retire (I already have 30+ years of service and over 55 years of age) the monthly medical premium for my family will be $770 a month for an 80-20 plan. This amount will increase every year. There's no dental or vision coverage at all. The medical coverage runs out when I get to about age 70 and then I'm on my own. It's better than nothing but not by much........

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are fortunate.....you don't have the Pfizer Legacy Retiree PPO or Medicare Carve Out. Multiple your cost time 5.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This legacy Wyeth person is full of it! NO ONE as a retiree is paying $128/mo, not even for individual coverage. Try 3X that amount unless you were an employee for over 40 years.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this guy is full of shit! NO ONE...period... on this earth gets healthcare from anybody this cheap.I don't know where he got this deal, but he needs to share his information. Sounds like pet insurance to me...and even that is much more.

The sad part is it seems we all are paying different premiums for the same coverage. I know ages, tenure, etc, differ, but generally speaking, there should not be such a discrepancy. My fellow retiree is a year older than I..62 vs. 61, had two years more tenure and is paying 675 wifr and self, and I pay 525.

Calling these 20 someting idiots for answers is a waste of time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Are you really as stupid as you sound...or is there some sarcasm hidden somewhere?
    You are clueless on so many levels that I don't know where to start to enlighten you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer Retiree Medical Coverage sucks big time. It's slighly less costly than COBRA, and it goes up every year. Dental is extra. They recently added vision to the medical, but the amount paid is minimal.

Meanwhile, it's frustrating that the fat cats award themselves millions in bonuses and pension plans. They rake the cream and leave everyone trailing in their wake with the curd.

Hank McKinnel stood at the posium one time and told us we were all in the same boat. Someone yelled out that he was on a yacht and we were in a dinghy. So true.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no more co pay for an office visit. What you have is a big ass deductible. Of course a yearly check up is covered 100%, but God help you if there's actually something wrong with you. It's horrible.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's no end of the ways the One Percent find to siphon off our money into their pockets. Once you're reached that first million you can't wait for the next one, and the next, and the next...............

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Complete nonsense. It was destroyed by endless executive greed and incompetence. I'd say more but then this post would get deleted. It's OK on CafePharma to be a right-wing nut job though - those posts never get deleted.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go away commie!!!! You dumbass troublemakers do nothing but start world wars and murder your own useless minions. Are you all born with this horrible defect?

Right wing? I see no theocrats or dictators posting here, comrade?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry Pal but you're wrong. Retired in 2006 after 28 years. Last year paid $80.50/month and this year it is $111/month for individual coveregae. My spouse is over 65 and pays $40/month for the supplemental Pfizer coverage. Maybe Pfizer has screwed their own retirees but I doubt you will find a Wyeth legacy retiree who is complaining!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's exactly what I'm paying - the bill just came this past week. One of the things that's confusing is the paperwork they first give you to look at. It's indecipherable. At first I thougt I was goinf to be paying almost $500 but when I got on the phone with my retirement co-ordinator, I learned I was wrong.

When we transferred from Wyeth to Pfizer, some things got better and some got worse. All in all I've been treated well. I was a rep for 4 days shy of 28 years. Please don't spread misinformation, it only freaks people out. If you don't believe me, get back to me, we can swap email addresses and I'll email you a scan of the confirmation.

I just had an outpatient surgery and will be getting my bills soon. I'll post the coverage when it all settles (Medicare for primary and Horizon PPO for backup). Also my wife had a recurring outpatient procedure that generally runs about $2400/month and her co-pay was always $250 something til we hit the deductible - then free. I'll be glad to post that info when we get it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, that's why when they said for Legacy Wyeth - whoever retires by 12/31/2011 retires on the Wyeth retiree medical plan, and whoever retires after, retires on the Pfizer plan, I left - along with scores of others. My good fortune was the fact I didn't have to retire early to do it, it was exactly the right time.