Pfizer Random Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2009 at 11:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As Pfizer employees, expect to undergo POST-employment urine drug testing at random intervals. A friend of mine who worked for Pfizer was summarily fired for refusing to take a random urine screen several years after being hired. He never drank or did drugs, and so of course all of his interval drug screens were negative. He is a very principled guy, and finally he got tired of the invasion of his privacy, so he refused to take what would have been his fourth or fifth drug test in 2 years. Although he was a stellar employee, HR called him at home the same evening and fired him on the spot. Absolutely no due process.

Be aware. Pfizer people DO NOT screw around. They are a bunch of ex military officers who like to give orders and epect them to be followed without question. Sorta like the Nazi prison guards.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PIss on It !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It'll be an interesting test case when someone with a Medical Marijuana card gets canned for testing positive. That might be a nice retirement.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a male, can I get fired if the female fertility drugs that Manny gave me show up in my system? They were prescribed by a doctor after all...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get yourself a script for protonix. If you fail the first screen you have deniability. Lay of the chronic until the second test and you should be golden.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they make you buy your groceries in the company store?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious? Pls elaborate as to why.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who was clean that refused to take a drug test knowing that they would be fired deserves it. I used to work for Pfizer and it is true that they complete random drug screens. I was there for four years and never had to do it but several friends did.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you do not take non-prescribed drugs, you have nothing to worry about. If you are a "druggie" then you do! We do t his all the time at our company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's really not an invasion of your privacy if you sign off on it when you are first employed. This should not come as a shock to anyone. When you start as a new employee with any pharma company, you sign something that says you agree to possible random drug testing.

If you are clean, you have nothing to worry about.

This is the LEAST of your worries working for Pfizer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really comparing Pfizer to being a Nazi? Please? You have no idea. I hate it when people throw crap like this around.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both words contain the letter 'z'.

Why?

That's proof in my book.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that really to much to ask from an employee nowdays? if you have nothing to hide then why all the fuss about a simple piss test. The bottom line is this, if you are doing non-prescribed drugs and you are tested positive for illegal drugs you deserve to be fired. Thats really no difference then making calls when you have been drinking. Both are very unprofessional and worthy of termination.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Light up or leave me alone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, bottom line is that Wyeth employees have nothing to worry about with this random drug testing, most of the reps will be gone when acquisition takes place. It is gonna be a slaughter for Wyeth employees. It is true it is like what the Nazis did to the Jews. Wyeth employees are being lead to the Death Camps of unemployment. Jew didnt believe it either.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously... I can't believe all of the talk on this, and other boards about drug tests, GPS, computer time stamps, etc.. No wonder so many think pharma reps are like used car dealers. Just do your job, the way you should, and there should be no worries. If you aren't doing anything wrong, you should be happy with the scrutiny... perhaps this is a good way to "pull a few weeds" and make your chances better of keeping your job.

While not fun, if it is a condition of employment, just do it. Is it really that much to ask? I only wish that people getting government money needed to do drug tests. Many of them would need to quit bad habits before getting assistance. In turn, this may help them more than the money they receive does, once they needed to get clean. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in.

Not a rep, but I know many. Most are very good people and this shouldn't be a big deal.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh- I am scared now. I have been abusing Rx drugs for years now, and drive drunk after martinis with my docs on Friday. Do you think I will get in trouble?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your idea is the best idea of the century...make the people receiving government money pass drug tests to continue to receive the handouts from the government. This might be the best thought on Cafe Pharma in a while. The ACLU might have a problem with the idea. Perhaps this might would infringe upon people's civil liberties! :)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Protonix Labeling
    Laboratory Tests
    There have been reports of false-positive urine screening tests for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC - the active chemical in cannabis) in patients receiving most proton pump inhibitors, including pantoprazole. An alternative confirmatory method should be considered to verify positive results.