Pension Plan Changes Announced

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, if you are just a few years away from retiring, you'll do ok. If you have 10+ years to go - too bad, you lose a significant amount of dollars. Better cut back you life style and put as much as you can into 401K, youre gonna need it. Thats what Cornelius is probably going to do.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm 47 and had plans to retire (cut & run actually) at 55.... looks like I'll be losing about 2/3 of my lump sum payout! And the 401k changes are a joke... I've been putting money in for years and have seen practically a zero net increase.... yes... we're screwed!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

forgot to mention... 22 years with the company

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, 55 yo here, with 25 years service. I don't see any way the 401k can make up the $300000 to $400000 increase the pension was scheduled to see in the next 6 to 8 years. The only hope is if the market just explodes. I was thinking of hanging it up for sure by 62, but it sure looks like they threw that out the window.

Actually, I may have to look at selling this house, so as to get into a much cheaper one, so as to be able to radically increase my 401k contributions.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pension plan was the only thing that was buying my silence on all of the off label marketing and/or out of label marketing along with upper management and marketing pressure to engage in such activities which goes on here in virology. This latest pension shit sandwich they are forcing on us by STEALING pension from us at this late stage in my career has turned me into the latest whistleblower from BMS. I'll see you bastards in federal court as I have lots to share!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You go #45. This is a hit below the belt and in our pocket books. The 2 hardest areas to hit someone in and BMS just did it. Moral will be at an all time low.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suck it up, no one above TBM cares about morale and we'll see what the virology whistleblower does- most likely nothing.

Management only cares about thier own asses, if they get more restricted stock to offset much of these pension changes, see how much they care.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK MR Hot Shot...... Remember, what goes around comes around. BMS can pay me now or pay me later. The cut in pension looks like they will be paying me now.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey I'm with you, but youre not going to do anything.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya I'm pretty pissed to. Screw all you 50+ dead weights!!! Why will you get so much more from the company than me just because of your birth date. It's an outrage! The boomers got so many more entitlements in their lives compared to ours from private companies. So I get 3% extra in my 401K. My 50 year old pod partner gets and extra 8%!! WTF!!!! I hope they put you all out to pasture in a year or two, and I hope you are age discriminated out of all future prosperity you tired, sick, dickless, old hacks!!!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've posted this same thing before in the "Retiree Health Benifits Thread". You are the same person. I am gonna find you and sh1t in your mouth!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma sales-rep is still just about one of the best paying jobs in the world - enjoy the parts you can for whatever time it lasts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, forgot to say one of the best paying PART-TIME jobs in the world - oh god, sorry it is a horrible full-time job!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JUST BECAUSE YOU ENJOY FECAL TREATS YOURSELF, DONT THINK OTHERS FEEL THE SAME WAY. Shit in your own mouth - again.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea with the cut in pension, my work hours just got shorter. Buch of lousy SOBs!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've posted before about my internet business that has been up and running for a couple of years. It works beautifully with this job. Make some calls, then stop to work off my personal laptop on my website orders, take lunch to an office so I can eat for free, then make more calls and give my internet business a few hours in the afternoon before my 4-5 calls for those idiot call queries the DBMs do.

Now with the pension vanishing, I'll work even harder on my business.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thirty year 50+ vet here. To answer the polite gentleman number 50's comment. When I was with the company, our sales grew at a compound annual growth of 15%. That's a 450% increase in sales while I was carrying the bag and managing self-entitled little scumbuckets like you. If it wasn't for us the company might not even have the dough to hire you Ken and Barbies. We deserve every penny we get in retirement. On the contrary, sales metrics perfectly justify your lower retirement benefits.

p.s only 15% of companies offer defined benefit plans anymore. If you were at GM you would be getting zilch.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baby Boomer number 37 said it right about you Gen Xers paying more for us geezers' SS and Medicare. Here's a little secret, Genexers. When us Boomers were in college we read a very influential book by Dr Paul Ehrlich entitled "The Population Bomb". The book warned that population growth would outstrip resouces, and led to the gospel of ZPG (Zero Population Growth). That's why there are so many of us, and so few of you, whose skyrocketing taxes for SS and Medicare will augment our lavish retirements afforded by many years in the pharma gig before things went downhill.

I'd feel sorry for you but I'm having too much fun reading your rants. Keep them coming.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not fair to us jerk and you know it.

Gen Y'er

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1st rule to learn as you grow up? Life isn't fair.