Pennsaid sells itself

Discussion in 'Horizon Pharma' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2015 at 8:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it possible for Horizon to crack 10,000 bottles sold per week before the end of June....
    It sure is possible considering how much and how well they are selling it. They will be able to factor in the refills soon to their totals as people who have already received their first script will be looking for more as they find out how well it works and that they can't live without it. Take it from me, it's a miracle drug! Really is amazing how well it works!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Technically, PNSD is not a transdermal.

Words matter so pick them carefully. Yes it crosses the skin but a transdermal depends on serum levels to be effective i.e. Duragesic patch.

Pennsaid does not require serum levels to work. OA is not a blood based problem. Sometimes we mentioned serum levels with our opioids, but it was more for the comfort and receptiveness of the doctor than any science that matters.

PNSD get deep. There was at one time a visual that showed it penetrating into the synovial fluid. It was quickly withdrawn. The synovial fluid has no blood supply so getting into it without a needle is a sweet trick for knee pain. Maybe you all have the data.

MNK was so bad than when VGel had supply problems and no factories running, we didn't even take advantage of it. We had no topical competition that was actively selling and did not take advantage. Like the comic says, "We can't fix stupid."

I sold truck loads of it and even suggested to mid level management that the promotional priorities should be reversed. Dump Xartemis, emphasize PNSD. Pride, although with no real basis, prevented them from seeing the light. The top reps knew...but no one listened to us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pennsaid 2% received approval for it's phase 3 trial in Germany to begin in July for sales to to follow in the Euro Zone upon a positive trial result. Looking for expanded uses to come from the trial. This means big money and partnership oppertunities that Horizon needs to take advantage of sooner rather than later when everybody else wants it too!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still think that Horizon is crazy if they don't aggresively go after the world wide rights to Pennsaid 2% with the way that sales have been going so well !
    Why be content with just the U.S. market when the world wide rights would make Horizon a dominant force around the world in pain medication and a "smarter choice" over pills.
    Something that people are looking to do is move away from dangerous long term damage caused from pills and having alternative choices such as Pennsaid 2%.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm, maybe because the rest of the world wouldn't tolerate the shenanigans they pull here in the US. Pennsaid 2% is no more efficacious than generic 1.5% and the stupid bullshit about metered dose pump and twice daily application is marketing fluff. The IP around these "enhanced" formulations is about as strong as the nonsense patents supporting Duexis and Vimovo. Horizon management is completely clueless.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they are so clueless, how are they selling it so well!
    They are doing what Mallinkrodt could not do.
    So remind me again who is so clueless.... Just remember
    who is making all that money off of this product.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sold a ton of it, too. MNK and management were clueless. Coverage was terrible. Like the above poster said, the top reps got it done. Hope you guys sell a ton, too. I'd love to have it back.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the patient is the one suffering since Horizon acquired Pennsaid. The price has skyrocketed and no longer affordable for some people. I have been using Pennsaid and it helps me greatly; however, the enormous price increase is a big problem! I hope the Horizon investors enjoy their earnings at the expense of us patients. I now have to look for other alternatives.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny $0-$10 is too much?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I smell a ex horizon troll or someone on a pip

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The price was $0 - $10 but now it is $145 (yesterday) when I went to get my refill. The pharmacist said it was due to a huge increase in price and now the manufacturer coupon only brings the price down to $145. I would love to know how to get it for $0-$10. Please advise.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The law of supply and demand will eventually take over.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yah, the demand is so far creating the demand even at this price, so it will likely even go higher in price until the demand shows the need is met. Get it at $145 while you can, it's bound to go higher. People know that it works amazingly once they have tried it, and will pay the price for a cure for their pain.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as I disagree with our company's strategies and overall shadiness, if the product works for you, please go back to your doctor and ask he/she to contact their local rep. I'm inclined to believe you are attempting to fill at your local pharmacy, which is a rarity to have go through now. The doctor must send it to a specialized pharmacy (referenced to as PME). It is a home delivery system and guaranteed to be no more than $10. I hope this helps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. I will try that route.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's ibuprofen...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

horizon doesn't pay you much of salary which is a known fact which explains your behavior.
    mallinckrodt was a cluster but they paid us 90k on average.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hows that workin' out for yah... lol

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am taking my 95k Mallin. base and interviewing for jobs that pay 115k base so iM not bitter like you. everyone in the industry knows you guys make the same as a recent college hire. its kinda sad.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its working really well actually since my new salary at a better company is based off the 92k salary i had at Malli. I should end up at 115 base. thanks for asking.