Part #1 Looking Back: How to have a happy successful career in Pharma

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Nov 21, 2015 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a good run in Pharma and few regrets. I’ve worked hard and I’ve been paid well in return. I miss a lot of the industry, and there was a lot that I didn’t like. But, on the whole, the good far outweighed anything else. If anything, I learned by paying attention. I had a few minutes this afternoon and decided to pay it forward a little.

Let’s face it. You’re trolling Café Pharma. You’re pissed about something, and you’re absolutely sure that anonymously tossing out a word salad with a zesty bilious dressing into the bowels of the internet is going to give you an endorphin boost.

Well, it does. That’s why so many people do it. But the behavior fundamentally masks a character problem which is: “You don’t have the will to do anything about your current unhappy situation.”

Whiners are the worst people in the world. They sit around and wait for things to happen “to them.” When those “things” don’t happen by themselves they get bitter. And resentful. Their home lives are miserable. They drink too much. It shows on their faces. In their gut. Worst of all, is the face. Customers – and your spouse – can see it. They know you well enough to tell that you’ve lost your mojo. Your spouse has noticed it in the bed. It’s evident in your numbers. Your “brand” which makes you powerful – it’s not shiny right now. You’re beat down.

Then you become an asshole. You lash out anonymously on the internet. You lash out to your family members. You used to be able to “check yourself” – stop the behavior. Now it’s getting tougher as the behavior consumes you. That old you, the one that used to catch the world by the tail at the crack of dawn with a 5:30 AM workout, she’s a gaunt, hollow shell looking back in the mirror.

Don't be that person. That’s not you. Your locus of control used to be solidly in the “internal” camp. Since you know exactly what it feels like to control your own destiny, you can get it back. You need to get it back.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take your meds and go to bed. Imagine the pillow is your date.