P&G employee confidential alert line

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2007 at 6:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

Can someone please provide me with the number?
    Employed at an oversees subsidary of P&G , HR dept not releasing the phone number to staff.

Is it really confidential? and does P&G really act on the tips?

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing at P&G is confidential. Anonymous surveys, EAP, etc. are used by HR and Legal to determine risks to the company. If you have trouble, use resources outside of the company.

3. Notell

Notell Guest

4pfw3tI wish someone else would chime in here that in-house resolutions are viable. I hate step outside our <tight knit> community and be tagged a whistle blower, destined to spend the rest of my life hiding in the lower Caribbean. Come to think of it, that might not be too bad ...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contrary to other opinions here, P&G's confidential resources are in fact confidential. Here's everything on the alert line - including phone numbers - from the company's business conduct web page:

The AlertLine provides an anonymous way to report concerns about violations of the Company's Worldwide Business Conduct Standards. The Alert Line is staffed by third party resources. Any employee or other interested person may call the AlertLine twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. All calls can be completely anonymous, if desired, although we would prefer the caller to provide information to allow for efficient and effective follow up of concerns or issues.

The AlertLine can handle calls in most languages spoken by employees around the world. All calls are reported to Corporate Security and Legal personnel located at the Company's headquarters in Cincinnati, who will ensure appropriate investigation and follow-up. If callers prefer to remain anonymous, they will be given a confidential identification number so they can inquire about the status of their reported concern.

Callers from the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico can reach the Company AlertLine toll free at:
    1-800-683-3738.
    Callers from outside of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico can reach the Company AlertLine by calling, collect: country code 01 and then 704-544-7434. When the line is answered, the AlertLine operator will obtain the services of a translator so you may proceed in your native language if you wish.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing at P&G is confidential! I know this is fact for at least two reasons. First I know someone who brought litigation against P&G. During the trial it was discovered that HR Bill Sontag specifically requested the employee's confidential medical file to see if the employee actually saw a doctor. The request was granted by internal personel. We all know with HIPA and everything, that this is not proper, not confidential and illegal.

Secondly, what also came out in court is that confidential information shared by the employee with EAP, employee assistance program, was also shared with management and HR and an attempt was made to use this information against the employee.

Lastly, the previous poster acknowledges that "All calls are reported to Corporate Security and Legal personnel located at the Company's headquarters in Cincinnati. Why, if it is confidential? Because the company assesses legal risks to itself and tries to thwart any potential lawsuits by firing at risk personel before they have a chance to act.

Any legal issues with the company should be handled by people outside the company, if you want a real resolution.

Let's test the system any way for efficacy. Bill Sontag has been documented and proven to have violated the Company's Worldwide Business Conduct Standards. I will call the hot line. If he is still employed in a week, you will know there is no efficacy to the program. I believe I've established that anonymity is a farse.

Any legal issues with the company should be handled by people outside the company, if you want a real resolution.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree with you more.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right, nothing is confidential. If you believe that, then you are pretty stupid!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing here is confidential. I could not agree with the previous posters more. After the whole thing with Bill Sontag and the fact that he's still around. Then the way they did this last mass exodus where they did not even give those that where displaced a chance to look at a list of citiies to relocate, (Like they did the last time). Basically just gave them each some random city and gave them 48 hours to decide. What the Fuck is that ??? Trust no one here in HR - It's a shame, but it's the truth.

9. #9 Anonymous, Oct 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016 at 11:23 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My weekend shift lead in p&g Ireland is a real slave driver!
    he makes up breach p&g procedures and health and safety
    practices all the time,if we complain,he tells us we're not pulling
    our weight,he expects us to do an MAs job as well as our mtms job.
    we're not suppose to go in the warehouse for h@s reasons but
    he always expects us to do so!
    I don't know what to do . . . I feel he's in breach of a tonne of
    p&g regulations and no one does anything about it,someones gonna get hurt.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are right nothing is confidential at p&g. When I told my boss about my hemeroids he told my wife.