Outside Medical Sales Representative/ Patient Care Coordinator position?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going to be a very different looking company in 18 months for sure... Possibly a name change as well

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RIF is "reduction in force" which is a nicer way of saying "layoff" unfortunately.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, rebranding might be good though - especially considering that the company is not exclusively "Pacific" anymore ;)

It will be a LOT of work though!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you imagine the heart attack KV is going to have when she has to relicense every location with a new name? Oh the horror...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

doesnt matter anyway with the round one rebid rates posted yesterday all dmes are doome

6. Scott H

Scott H Guest

Yeah, I can, since I am the one who manages licenses. I had to do it when Teijin purchased the company back in 2008 and it took about 3 months to get through all 1700 licenses. I am down to only about 1500 now due to closures and changes in regs, but it would still be crazy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow .... Where are the rates posted?...... This is craycray

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has to move away from the Pacific Pulmonary name. It is now ( even though no one has found the company guilty just yet ) known as a fraud and abuse Medicare mill. It has to be difficult for the sales force to sell when everyone knows about the FBI raid. You can bet the sales people from the competition are using the raid against the company when making their sales calls.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes we are

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant idea! It will take the competion an extra 5 seconds to explain to doctors that we used to be called Pacific Pulmonary Sevices, but had to change name because of shameless medicare fraud and incompetent management. Is this what you learn in MBA school?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I interviewed with PPS. The woman was a WHALE and spent our interview time talking about how tired she is and how her kids are a hassle.
    She did say the job only pays $35-40K per year and that you are required to make at least 60 MD calls per week.
    What a f'ing joke!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also interviewed with PSS and found them to be operating with age discrimination.
    There were 2 managers there: both under 40. When I sat down for the interview, the woman asked me my total number of years of professional work experience. That was the only question she planned to ask!!! I would not leave without an interview. There were two very young gals there at the same time who had just graduated from college. They were both interviewed at length. Neither one of them had the minimum experience required for the position. It was disgusting.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, PPS has a long history of hiring T&A over talent. Horrible but made for some good eye candy at sales meetings. SCHWING!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was so Matt could try to hit on the new talent in training

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder if the new management is going to continue the practices of the last management. Eye candy did wonders for the organization under the last management, I guess they will try it again.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did wonders? Is that what you consider an FBI raid?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uhhh, I believe they made that statement Sarcastically.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah it was sarcasm. Eye candy is and has been a method for outside sales but it is not a method I would suggest for PPS. I really don't think PPS is attempting to become a legitimate provider. They are just maintaining until a sale of the company happens. They have no employment ads to suggest they are attempting to compete. Sales positions advertised are only to bolster the lagging sales trends in markets. PPS needs a real sales manager not some babe that got promoted because she delivered a bunch of nice lunches. Until you see PPS advertise for top talent you can expect the top talent to be provided by the acquiring company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you cannot pay for top talent in DME anymore due to rule changes causing increased overhead while decreasing revenue by 54% over the last 5 years. Sales people are now an expense that in the current environment cannot pay for themselves

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then maybe you should fire all your sales people, hire some RTs to visit your patients, then provide true patient care reports to your physicians. Maybe your referral sources would turn to you b/c you are showing great patient care/followup and not hounding them with sales lunches and bimbos that don't know anything. Image how RTs visiting patients on a set frequency or based on liter flow would appeal to the referral source.

Plus, you could eliminate commissions and needy sales people.