Orthopedic Company Comparison

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats up guys!

So I wanted to reiterate a point. After checking Stryker, Zimmer, Synthes, Depuy, Biomet, and SNN boards- I am going to sum up what I've found the overall "culture" and general feeling of each board. Now, as a Zimmer employee, I am a bit biased. But I just want to throw out there what is going on.

Let's start with Stryker!

It appears that there is an overwhelming generalizing or "stereotype" that Stryker sales reps are former athletes who used to juice or currently juice. Anyone who is stupid enough to juice or competitive enough to juice works for stryker. I will point out, though, as a former juicer myself, I have found that there are more juicers in orthopedics than any other industry.
    Stryker reps take themselves very seriously, and don't really tell funny jokes. The things they laugh at are obvious and uncreative. The typical MeatHead from high school. Never got along with those guys, and for the most part the former jocks from high school can still be seen together and they make much less money than the nerds. But, Stryker Reps are the few highschool jocks who are going to make a lot of money…

Ok Next. Biomet.

… Biomet. Cool, calm, they can vary a lot from what i've found. All pretty much nice guys, not super douchey or jockey like stryker. A pretty chill and laid back culture. Not ultra competitive and phony like other reps. They've been living the good life for too long. Just wait until Zimmer rocks your world!! Biomet is a tech company, they are the upstart of the ortho world. With the death of Dane Miller marks the end of Biomet, As Zimmer will slowly turn this ship around.

Zimmer. O boy. Publicly traded companies have a lot in common. Slow, boring, rudimentary, inefficient at the corporate level. Distributorship level things vary widely across the country, I am sure this is case at most companies. Morale is in the toilet now. Perk up guys!

Smith and Nephew
    The rejects, The poor step child of US Ortho. Try hards, don't quite fit in and usually are nice guys but I wouldn't want to hang out with them after work for a beer. I give the SNN guys the typical nod and smile after they repeatedly say something stupid. Their confidence lacks because they have such crap marketshare and when they do score a big account, I still don't take them seriously because they are SNN.

Depuy
    I make fun of the JnJ ownership. Man o Man. I hate JnJ, I think a lot of people do, But Depuy is very different, and has for the most part at the distributorship level maintained its current culture. They do a good job, seem to cover cases well and get along just fine. I don't worry about them taking my cases or anything. Typical arrogant douchebag ortho reps like we all are, nothing special. The gray bins are ugly

Synthes
    Hmm. What motivates someone to work this hard… 7 days a week, all day, nights, years. Give up your family, friends, etc. You get in with Synthes and all you hear is CHA CHING. Sure, you learn what a traumatologist knows. You can get up to 4th year resident level relatively quickly covering that much volume as an ASR. But is it worth it??? I think theres more to Synthes Reps. I like money, but doing a synthes job you gotta be fuckin crazy. I'll take my 150k a year and half somewhat balanced life. Maybe if hospitals were still paying list and prices were being jacked up for a "new" product every year, I'd consider it. If you go work for synthes now, you are a moron. Be more creative than that. Plus the gigs up boys

Medacta
    Just kidding, I don't care about this company. Nobody does.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the post. It was nice to laugh. Stryker reps also seem to wear their scrubs everywhere such as sporting events, airplanes, and the gym as well as Starbucks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your input.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice commentary and I think your on the money

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and i think 'you are' a fuck. .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woop woooop., spelling police strike again. Seriously lower on the scum pole then the trolls.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"than" the trolls

Idiocy reigns supreme with full confidence on CP.

8. #8 Anonymous, Jul 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017 at 7:52 AM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty accurate post. I have noticed a high turnover rate in the Stryker and Synthes reps in my territory. Stryker has brutal quotas and that explains that situation. The poster nailed it on the Synthes life style. I feel sorry for those guys. Are there any married/children Female Synthes reps in the US?