Orencia decline

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2016 at 1:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can suck my sack, ass kisser. What - you too thin skinned to hear honest feedback from a frustrated, high performer? Did you catch Bob's congenital adversion to negative feedback by sicking your nose up his a-hole? Bob's a complete dork. Jeff K. is a blathering idiot who couldn't sell his way into a PTA meeting. And poor John is just the village idiot. Anyone supporting these douche bags deserves to be driven out of the division. Just like excising a tumor!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow...it must have been witty banter like this that got you/er the high performer on here their pinnacle award. Frustrated high performer? Jesus...put some metrics on people and ask them to actually message physicians and ppl start bitching. If the high performer is truly that then other companies will try to scoop them up with competitive offers and opportunities (see list of previous DBM's who have moved on to more money or better management opportunities). Reps leave for additional $$$$ or the excitement of launching a new product. So stop bitching, do you f'ing job (speaking of selling out of a paper bag), or let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would like to add my two cents to the otherwise snarky comments found here. As sales people, we are more than used to being measured by metrics. For most sales organizations, the primary metric which is measured is sales (get it – sales organization). The problem with this division is many of the metrics by which we are measured have nothing to do with sales and instead measure tasks that management seem to find easier to quantify. So, they measure action\busy work, not results. And those metrics seem to always supersede a sales\goal attainment metric. So it doesn't matter that I created the ceiling to the Sistine Chapel, I will be reprimanded for not using the brushes management wanted and not rinsing my brushes when changing colors as mandated by management. Hey stupid- look up! Who cares!!! I created that with tools and techniques that work best for me (all of them compliant with the painting guild), just not what management THOUGHT would made a masterpiece.
    I also find it telling that this poster (management) wants to convince us that people have only left for more $$ or excitement. Really??? But I thought BMS was on the high side of salaries for our industry. And target bonus is on par. So that can't be it. I know for a fact that the 10 or so people that I have personally spoken to who have left (sales & management) ALL cited management as their primary reason for leaving. Micro management, management's lack of interest in sales data integrity, and management's insistence on an absurd bonus plan that favors the lowest producing territories over more converted ones. No, the territory that went from $100,000 to $120,000 (20% growth) is not more valuable than the one that went from $1,000,000 to $1,150,000 (15% growth). Weren't you all exposed to economics at some point in your life?
    The fact that this poster acknowledged that high performers are in big demand, yet says "shut up or see ya" speaks volumes about management's attitude towards it's people. And that is why everyone is leaving. Period!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And there is some more whining. Poor baby! Cash your paycheck and shut up!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is clear that you have not spoken to any of the "list of previous DBM's who have moved on to more money or better management opportunities". Many of those DBM's were BMS lifers. They would have preferred to finish their careers at BMS but they will tell you that the three stooges (BV, JK and JW) and their HR accomplices drove them away.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't Bob the longest acting head of sales thus far?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just might be, Bob. Thanks for asking.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The guy must be doing something right. Sales up almost in the 20-30% range. Operating costs at an all time low. The management team seems to finally be fully behind him and supportive of his efforts. I think things are going a pretty good direction.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just keep thinking that way, buddy. Let's see where we are at at the end of the year. You think that the crickets hear and head nodding you see at the managers meetings mean that they are behind him, Jeffy and Johnny?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny how some of you sales monkeys think that sales being up 20% when you have the most revolutionary oncology drug on the market has anything to do with your sales prowess. The drug sells itself and we could cut the sales group by 50%. Too bad the C-suite come from commercial and can't see that.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait...aren't you referring to Opdivo, not Orencia? Maybe read the topic before jumping on to troll....

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From "the worst managers" thread. Someone really got it right: Immuno takes the prize for worse management ever. It started with Jennifer H who we believe was head of the division, but no one ever heard or saw her. She hires Bob V a complete incompetent who is so uptight he shit himself on stage doing a managed care update for this division of 100 people! He immediately ran off the experienced, beloved RBDs because he was threatened by them. Then turned around and replaced them with 1. A DM who apparently only had one sales success in this entire life which he wants desperately to duplicate and 2. Fills the other position with the most disliked person in the entire division - the sales ops guy who's only accomplishment was successfully alienating the ENTIRE sales team. As a result, virtually the entire management team left. Some took roles as reps or reimbursement just to get off the crazy train. And the majority of reps left too. Now we have a bunch of inexperienced DMs who know not to challenge Bob, or it's off with your head. The promise of this division has been squandered!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are immun posters so hateful? management was handed a division in a mess and did what they thought what was best.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What "they thought was best" was to run off anyone who disagreed with or offered an alternative view to them. That is a sign of weak minded human beings! As a result, it feels like this entire division is just putzing down the highway at 25 miles an hour with black smoke billowing out of the tailpipe.
    I know, I know!!! "If you don't like it leave". Piss off. Because I continue to "check the boxes", I'm ranked in the top quarter and only put in about 20 hours a week in the field. My family loves it. But I honestly yern for more engagement.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is it Bob V keeps his job? He is the poster child for incompetence!