Openings Chicago

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was contacted regarding openings in Chicagoland. Any info on what positions are open? What selling? Salary, commission, bonus, benefits, etc?

Honest, serious responses please and thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider it only if you need an entry level into Pharma. The company is in bad shape, but it's tolerable if you just need to get experience. They'll give you 50k base and bonuses aren't looking good in chicago, maybe 2k a quarter. Plus a car

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And training is awful!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and so is the Chicago RD

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best advice is, unless you really need a short-term job just to check a box or get experience, look elsewhere. DSI is a dumpster fire and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Beware!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you say is true. Please explain what you mean by "dumpster fire"? Also, how it get worse before getting better?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just did training recently and it's the worst I have EVER seen! And FYI , they came in to give us our compensation info - they said we were more "salary" driven! In other words the bonuses regardless of performance, will SUCK...

There are multiple openings across the country ... They will tell you because of drug launch ... They are NOT hiring new people for launch - they are filling all the open territories and those reps will be Movantik or Savaysa - they are new drugs but they are not hiring for newly created territories ... I have never seen so many people quit at once - 1/2 my district is gone ... I got job so quick I didn't have time to find out all I needed to know - seriously look into this... If you are new to Pharma and want experience then that would be only reason to come here

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ken the RD is terrible. Now that Lou is gone he takes the cake as the worst RD. Not even his DMs like him so be careful. If you can get a different job do it because with the current pipeline, lack of leadership, and our cash cows going generic this is going to be a very tough road. Also, there have been layoffs the past 4 years. Ask yourself if that is something you want to be a part of.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First three responses are spot on. If you are desperate, take the job, but don't stop looking. Leadership in Chicago is awful. Company is SERIOUSLY struggling right now. Training has become a joke in recent months where it's more about being buddies with the trainers and less about actually LEARNING anything.
    All unfortunate because it USED to be a good company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the additional commentary, but I was hoping to get position into. Much of what was posted here I read in other threads. I did see a base noted of $50k and a $2k per quarter bonus/commission??? So position offers $58k plus company car? Is the 8k the only commission?

What products are being promoted for the Chicago openings? Are territories shared/pod or solo?

I appreciate all the opinions but was hoping really for position facts and details.

Thank you

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trainers are trying to win the " most popular " contest and really that's all they care about
    We are faking it trainers! Just like you are ... But hey we are in sales
    58k if you are lucky - plus car

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50K is more likely and a car for about a year. then you will be gone on your own accord, fired or laid off.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also in the process of being offered a position in a high performing territory. I currently make 60 base plus bonuses. Will quarterly bonuses be 5-8k in stronger territories? I really appreciate the honest feedback.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of us in the interview process, what kinds of car and insurance/benefits are offered?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where does training take place?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Training is in NJ. Car is usually Subaru Legacy or Altima. Base is low 60's now.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cigna for insurance. Full benefits + 401k. You can thank Obama for how much you pay for insurance now. Half your paycheck will disappear.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi performing territory? For one quarter!!!then you turn into a low performing territory...if you knew how many people quit in last month it would boggle your mind...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did these positions get filled?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tough road for DSI. Managers are uninspired and I don't blame them because the Rd's are brutal. Senior leadership cares about one thing only, themselves. Chicago is an okay market. Base salary is 60k for starters, and you'll make $10-15k in annual bonus. Take the job if your desperate only.