ONCOLOGY: STEFAN SAY IT ISN'T SO! ARE YOU REALLY EXPANDING CPS & HEME ITS REPS TEAMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, May 4, 2016 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PLEASE, NO MORE REPS. Lynelle told us sales increase each time she adds reps. Maybe sales increased because the products are good & being used by doctors in & outside of indication, not because of additional reps. Medical necessity usage of Opdivo is saving lives in multiple off label tumor types. Opdivo is already being used in Lymphoma & reimbursement is taking place. Why did the Heme ITS reps get Opdivo when the RCC ITS reps don't have enough of a workload? Newer indications will be easy to sell & won't fill the day.
    Adding another sleeve to Heme ITS will hurt access in accounts. Too reps in hospitals will equal access shut down, 4 ITS reps per account is crazy. CPS reps are fighting with each other for access as if they are competitors, many are going into calls or lunches together 3 or 4 at a time. What is the point of the extra bodies if they are going in as teams to sell? It is not like 3 reps are selling Opdivo in different offices at the same time. Some are even riding together.
    TRUST US STEFAN! We have sold enough Opdivo to earn the right to ask for trust. You trust your DBMs, even cancelled their business reviews to you. Now trust your team and stop the expansion. No additional Heme or IO reps PLEASE.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the above post. But it is all a facade for Wall Street when they have expansions.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do not understand the continued addition of representatives and the primary care model BMS insists on using. Assign one rep to a smaller territory and make them accountable. With restrictions in academic centers-remove ITS and assign to CPS. None of this will happen. More reps will be added and in a year or two the mistake will be corrected by another downsizing of the salesforce and the cycle continues. Management--one of the reason you have so many leaving BMS or currently interviewing is to leave this outdated sales model.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an ITS and all I do is stay home and read journals to look smart with my colleagues. I might have 1 appointment a week at the most. The KOLs will only see me once or twice a year if I am lucky. This is the best gig at BMS, plus I get to spend time with my family all day.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1st post I have read that is true and not negative. Heme ITS reps complain about not having enough work to do with 2 products in their bags. Some RCC ITS reps are worried because they cant fill up 1 of 5 workdays. Opdivo is selling itself and BMS medical support is helping it grow, not the extra reps although the new additions to the team are making more money then the reps that launched it. Lymphoma is already getting Opdivo usage but I get giving it to Heme ITS reps because they really scramble to fill half a work day.
    I really hope they don't increase ITS reps, Heme or IO, or CPS reps. It will annoy customers, increase access challenges and create additional wedges between the CPS, ITS, RAE, NAE, MSL, HSL, DBM, ......
    HOW MANY IS TOO MUCH? Look at the existing number of people going into offices and you have your answer. A few years ago Lynelle addressed us at a national POA and said we would never have more than 5 people calling on a customer. Remember that?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They never listen to the field. SURVEYS ARE A WASTE OF TIME. I just want to get out ASAP. Trying to justify with customers why so many people is a joke. WE ARE NOT DELIVERING A SUPERIOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. Just waiting for the right opportunity to get out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me too....actively looking. There is no real job here. It's all a lie and a function of documentation fraud. I can only see about 20% of my call list maybe once a year per doc and they are now pushing reach on us...really?!!...reach?..news flash, most reps don't see doctors and this is what a typical day is like, clowns

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hire more please, they can play parchesi with us at starbicks all day!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is what I tell companies as I interview, too many people calling on same accounts.
    Everyone knows Bms's history, layoffs come after they hire too many. Problem is as an employee you never know when you are getting downsized, just know there is a really good chance that you will, sorry. We try to tell them before hand, but falls on deaf ears. We do have a great product and are able to help many people. Just wish the company would help us help ourselves.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only way to get the point across is for good people to leave. Then they have to keep rehiring and external candidates with oncology experience don't want to join this circus. People hired with no existing oncology relationships find it almost impossible to get access. Sit around unable to get in anywhere. More lies on productivity. Brilliant strategic plan to add more inexperienced to have the experienced leave.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left BMS Oncology in Q1 for exactly this reason. The POD working with inexperienced reps sucks. I got a raise and now work alone in a much smaller territory. BMS doesn't care about sales reps at all.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 RAEs confirmed expansion, now I believe it's really happening. So incredibly sad for us and mostly for our customers. Access is about to get blocked. Buckle up Heme team! Person who suggested experience reps leave should realize it wouldn't change a thing. People are replaced and forgotten all the time.
    $$$ Aspire Points to sell Opdivo - who thought this up and why is it an incentive?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are the puppy mill of oncology reps.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's going on tomorrow with this business update? Any details would be much appreciated.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get ready for another expansion and territory realignment.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This can't be. We are tripping over each other! Access is a nightmare no matter how many reps. If this is true, more good people will leave. Why?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can sit home and lie on my iPad everyday on who I see if I wanted to.
    Expansion guarantees we all will stay home and lie everyday.

Our offices are complaining about the number of reps as it is.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think upper management is consulting Cafepharma for input from sales reps you are high. The market research supports share of voice offsetting the lack of access in some markets and enhancing sales in others. So get over it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have to expand the sales team to make up for lazy shits like you who do nothing but lie on their ipads.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, it is so. 6 CPS reps per territory, Msl, Col, 2 ITS's... I could go on.
    We have a great product, but now over 50% of the job is managing everyone as a rep who is going into your accounts. Now they are looking to have more Msl's (3 or more) going into the same accounts, good luck with that. Lets think about it, I'm a tough to see customer and now 12 BMS people want to see me and your manager is getting on your case because they want face time as well. Then the other rep and manager wants face time to show that they are great. We will have some conflicting priorities, because we are saying we want to be customer centric. We are dealing with ego's at all levels, this will be dancing on the edge of a razor, and there will be at least some nicks.