Oncology Expansion

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone get an interview yet???? Yes I know if I didn't hear anything I probably will not get an interview

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don't have an extensive scientific degree you will not interview.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here, have heard nothing. Was told the jobs were reposted so check the Career Link (stink) site again.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why the reposting of the gigs onto the career site? I noticed they come down the evening of July 12th? Is there some overlap with the rumors of what's happening tO CV speciality?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

trying to figure out what do you mean reposted, when did they come down and when did they come back up? site looks like they were posted May 31st, I haven't seen any change

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have yet to hear anything as well. Has the interview process started yet?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they originally went down on June 14th... Then went back up.. Not sure when but they have a posting til July 12th ... At least the territory postings I looked at

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad someone posted this, I have heard nothin and I have I/O experience.
    2 of my coworkers stated the same.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The vast majority will NOT be interviewed. Only high science degree individuals will be looked at for positions.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This sounds a lot like the good old Merck that made the same mistake in the 90's. Hire a "share of voice" sales group, most of whom are utterly worthless, let them waste the shareholders' money for a few years and then start firing them, little by little, to avoid those big layoff expenses and pension obligations.

Yup, here we go again. Stupid is as stupid does.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yepper. PC mentality leaders have put themselves in a corner with 3 up in mini-me territories. If strategy fails-mostly depends on what label says-then nowhere to go but downsize. Better have another drug on deck.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Oncology peeps are arrogant and have only been at Merck a few years. I will laugh my arse off after they overhire only to downsize. Then they will crawl to other divisions begging for jobs. So sorry, you won't be hired, no one knows you and you are arrogant.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will they be hiring oncology experience or moving existing Merck reps into these oncology positions? When will they start interviewing? I have heard nada.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviews are concluded! No further interviews will be scheduled.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wooow

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, lets act like high science is what you need to be fucking successful. I don't think so

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I imagine that you attended college at one of the prestigious teachers colleges and graduated with that basket weaving degree! You will not be considered without a heavy science background so eat shit asswipe.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not true. Just received a call this morning to interview, and I don't have an advanced degree

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

most Merck internal candidates didn't even make it through the first screening call. Their resume never made it to the hiring manager. Merck is only looking at people with real oncology experience for the live interviews, happening next week or the following week. Good luck everyone!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been contacted for an interview and currently in BMS oncology!