On Medical Leave after a PIP

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello CP,

I have had the unfortunate problem of terrible numbers for the last year. My manager wrote me up and gave me terrible reviews. I was then put on a PIP. The working conditions became horrendous which made me incredibly stressed out and I decided to go on medical leave. I've been on leave for about 2 months and now I found out that my numbers are through the roof. In fact, I am the number one reps in the district over the past month. Please give advice on how to deal with this. Can I survive and how do I handle coming back?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you take medical leave darling there isnt a chance for you to return and stay. You will be quickly removed. Shame on you for taking leave as a way to get out of a PIP.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree....i wouldn't hire women in the first place....but you scamed you need to go hoe.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck you, you self righteous bastard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously one of two things happened...

The begging you did before the leave worked or your absence was a relief to docs and they wrote. Good luck, I know very few people who fare well after taking the punk road and go on leave during a PIP.

What is the point of being out? Did you magically think the pip was going away? Did you think the clock tick stopped since you were out? Why bother coming back; you've only delayed the inevitable and now your cred is shot with the fake illness. Yes stress is a fake illness if it only happened after the PIP was issued.

Did you spend time looking for a job? To me, that is the ONLY value in taking a leave when on a PIP.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you better have your medical ducks in a row if you want that leave to be of any substantial time. I have seen rep after rep have to appeal, appeal, use vacation time, then appeal some more in order to get a stress leave.

Here is a suggestion...we know that mid years are dOne in June/July and year end is November/December/January. If your numbers are sagging and you have reason to suspect that you could be a written warning PIP target, Start logging face time with your personal physician. Visit at least twice before the mid year and year end review. In essence, create a distress paper trail with your doctor.

When the unfavorable review/PIP is given, go ahead and get yourself off work. It should be much cleaner than trying to all of a sudden go out with no proof you have a stress problem and have to waste valuable job hunting time getting doc appts and faxing appeals. The. Getting forced to come back because you ran out of vacation days while waiting to get an appeal approved. You only recourse...unpaid leave and no getting back pay if the leave is still denied.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did I miss somewhere in the original post that stated the sex of the poster or are you just assuming it is a woman?? Guess you missed the evidence that proves women are the stronger sex! Idiot, if you have nothing of substance to add, keep your useless comments to yourself. It shows your immaturity!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This response was no doubt made by a super macho man, who if you saw behind closed doors has balls the size of peanuts and needs to project his manhood to overcome " peanut ball syndrome".

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a woman. Use of the words 'terrible' 'horrendous' and 'incredibly'.

In guy language...terrible=fucked, shit, fucked up
    Horrendous, Incredibly stressed= 'my ass clown shit for brains manager is riding my ass'

Sorry sweetie...I'm a woman and I know language, especially here on cafe pharma.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they write you a P.I.P. or were you on Final Written Warning after several bad field days? In my old region they did away with the P.I.P. and all of the advanced documentation was done in the field day follow ups. If you attempted to dodge a bullet by going out on medical leave prior to receiving a Final Written Warning, you have painted a bullseye on your own back!! When you come back after a P.I.P., you will have to jump through an amazing number of hoops, possibly even retraining on your products depending on the length of time you were out. If you concentrate on doing EXACTLY what they ask you to do, you can survive, so be clear with your manager from the beginning what must be done to survive. If you were issued a Final Written Warning, the same applies with the exception that you will survive. Make no mistake, you are on your way out and should view this as your opportunity to find different work. So there is no assumption, I worked with two in my district that tried the medical leave angle, neither one survived their situation as I described above. I was put on Final Written Warning and let go, although my numbers were top 30% nationally. My situation was personal and my manager didn't want me to "cross the bridge" to nowhere.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another give away that this a woman...'Hello CP'.

Men never greet and careless about formalities on an anonymous site.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man or woman what difference does it make?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the fuck wants to keep a job with all this bs, while out interview and leave this shit barge.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wish I could help you. About 4 years ago I received my final PIP (total of 4 all together).
    I don't know anything about you, but I was over age 50 at the time. I chose to stay and fight. I won!
    If you decide to fight it, you MUST speak to an Employment Law Attorney- Plantiff attorney.
    Plantiff employment lawyers are usually difficult to find, but not impossible. You must talk with a Plantiff Employment Attorney. You can tell your story over the phone. NO CHARGE. At this point you can decide whether you want to go further. The lawyer, or office liasson, will tell you point blank whether he/ she wants to visit with you. It MAY then be your decision. If not, my advice is to look for another job ASAP.
    If you happen to live in a "union" state, you can easily get a referral for an employment lawyer by calling a union lawyer from the phone book, (or looking in Martindale- Hubbel Law Directory for your state) and asking "Who do you think is the best Plantiff Employment lawyer in this city?" They will help you - over the phone- also, no charge!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is some of the funniest shit that I ever read on this site. Dude, you have a future in comedy. Thanks for the chuckle.

Best part, I haven't even moved past your post to read the responses. I need to take a piss before moving on as I expect some real venue from those who believe that you're serious.

Once again, thanks for the laughs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was right. Glad I relieved myself.

Venom, not venue. Fucking auto spell!

Peace all. Remember we are in sales we don't save lives.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. You all posted assuming this was genuine. I work at AZ and the exact same post was on our boards.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and the prick who posted #15 & 16 are so much more brilliant than the rest of us. I can't believe that there are two of you. You must be the same person!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look, this whole thread has been written by me. Yes, I am Anonymous.

Back to the Abilify...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this did not originate from a BMS employee. we have no PIP's we have WW (written warnings) a PIP has not been in our vocabulary for many years. If you are put on a WW and go out on disability it stops the clock on the WW until you return to active status