Oh Manager, my Manager... you are dumb

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Sep 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 weeks ago on our conference call. "We don't care how you hit your Arestin # as long as you hit it. Nobody expects you to clear the goals across the board so try to blow out the Arestin."

Really? Nobody expects us to clear the goals across the board? Did he just show his hand to me? Where's the truth? Why the goals if they can't be reached?

This week. "You have to generate production through pharmacy. That's what we're looking for. Growth in writers and scripts. If you're not getting 1 new writer per week, spend less time on the supporting products."

I'm sure this direction gets people a pink slip.

We're all doomed!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does he use the same mouth to give conflicting direction? I bet if you questioned him on it, he would put you on a list of people who are too threatening to his own career and start to micro manage you. Better to just shut up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder we are all so confused. What the hell is wrong with the "leadership" in this company? The stories we can tell on my team. Oh the stories we have to tell.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel that we're in a situation where the field knows more about the issues and potential solutions than the Mangers do. After all, how many of them have done this job with these products? If it helps any, my manager is coward who double talks his way through conf calls and field rides so you're not alone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now this one sounds JUICY. please tell more!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not that last poster so I can't share what more they have but what's left to tell? It sounds like the person is in my region but then again so do the rest of the posts, lol.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My boss is gold. He is transparent, realistic and just asks for our best. He is in a tough spot as well. All managers are in a bad place because Matt puts them in that place. He lies, manages by fear, and is extremely shady.

Difficult environment to be successful. Where is the company survey? Sure they heard that as well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! You must be out West.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

glad someone likes their manager. Mine is too new to know any better.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably the same Manager.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My teammate and I were just venting about our Regional and wondered about this site. Is this 1 or 2 sour grapes reps or a company issue? Neither of us has posted pro or con. Neither of us are happy and agree with most of the posts. Just wondering how many people and where they are nationally.

We're in the East. You?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is rare to ever find a positive post on any company board on this site. I will say that I like my job, dont know much about the company/valeant (which is so strange to even be typing that) and that I can tolerate my manager.

Arestin Goals are tough but can be obtained but only by 5% of reps.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a positive experience. I admit that goals are very high. I don't blame my manager or his manager. Everyone I have met at this company works very hard and Dont agree with everyone blasting the leadership. The issue is the rx program and it think MC and SS are beyond frustrated. That is not based on my conversation with either of them but I have a new hire in my region that shared this. My offices aren't complaining as much but I cannot seem to keep my offices using the access program. I know this is a forum where people can bash leadership anonymously but I would appreciate Someone offering some best practices. This is from a guy that has kids and needs this job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in the East. I don't appreciate all the gutless posts either. I've posted here in the past but realized that my posts, while poignant and not bashing in nature, will only be lumped in with the rest of the complainers. However, I don't read these comments with the same view as a new hire or someone looking for best practices. Are you kidding me? In a matter of time, you too will be complaining about your manager if you're on this site looking for best practices.

A large majority of these complaints have merit. They may be laced with venom but there's a reason so many are so unhappy and complaining about the same issues.

RX does suck! EZ White does suck! Xerese IS too expensive. OnSet IS too expensive. Management does suck. Look at you, coming here to say almost the same thing while looking for the best practices that you have gotten through Josh or your manager. Did the light bulb go on yet?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

East.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the West. I remember MC from 1 of his first breakout meetings as WBUD. It was then when I knew the end was near. It makes sense for people to come here and look for best practices. Especially in the East where MC learned to manipulate the rules.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle!" MC - WBU meeting

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Matt has a lot to learn, I think we could all agree with that, but have you seen him sing?

Amazing talent. Can he be booked for parties?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shit that's funny. He might need that job

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would I lose my job if I sat down with my Manager and told him how little I've learned from him and that he holds me back from success?

One of my offices asked me to never bring him back in during a L&L. He thinks he is helpful but he comes off as a sales rep giving lip service and not fully understanding the offices objection to pharmacy or ez. So frustrating trying to come close to the # and having him ride with me during Q4. Ugh!