OBU...More Money???

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Aug 22, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, does anyone have a prediction of what this decision will look like? We all know if the research is done right, it will show that we are underpaid compared to other oncology companies.

But, this happened at one of my previous companies and you know what happened, they raised the quarterly bonus by $500- which is a complete joke. If good reps are being recruited and leaving for more money, will Amgen do something to raise the base of those reps who are already here?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This rumor again? How did it start this time?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rolf said it at the meeting. We are too valuable to have a contract sales force and only a primary care sales force would get one. No one will lose their job for at least the next 3-5 years. Pipeline too good.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Access is too restricted to justify additional headcount.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are obviously confused about this topic. OP is referencing the talk at the S2 meeting. It has nothing to do with adding more people.

The question is...are they going to raise our salaries to be more competitive with other oncology companies or not? We have such high turnover that they have to address this issue. People are leaving to make anywhere from $20,000-$50,000 more in base, that's a huge issue. I think those salaries (for this job) are way too high. But, I do think our salaries are low for oncology.

That being said, I don't know how they will "fix" this salary issue. My fear is they will start hiring new people in at more competitive salaries. But, what will they do for those of us who have stuck it out for many years (in spite of recruiters calling us every week)? How will they make our salary more competitive?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey OBU losers, your salaries are in line for pcp supportive care. We at onyx were always paid more because we are true therapeutic Oncology bitches. That's why we get real Oncology jobs when we leave this shithole called Amgen.

You are not Oncology. You are supportive care fuckers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You might want to start returning those calls. Why would we raise your pay?
    Love, Rolf

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm soooo tired of all of you sales reps whining about your pay. You're compensated pretty well for working part time jobs. You have 2, maybe 3, products to "sell" and you can rarely get in to see anyone in the office any more, let alone the docs. Your wasting the office manager's time and you have nothing new to show the docs. You should come to Mothership and work a real job. Try getting a real job and work in marketing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

or you can be Gym Cain. Be hired by Tony, do a horrible job, can't get fired because Tony won't admit his mistake, and hit the gym for 2 hours a day. Skip most meetings, can't contribute anything meaningful and pick up a sizable paycheck. Robbing the company without a mask or a gun. Enjoy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are joking, right? Get over yourself you narcissistic jerk. No one came on here to attack what you do at Amgen which, I can now assume, is marketing.

Is access a challenge? Of course it is. But, we are still making an impact. You can't argue against that when you look at the affect on numbers when a territory is vacant or when a rep is getting a territory up and running, after its been sitting vacant for several months. There is a distinct correlation in rep activity and numbers. If there wasn't, we wouldn't need a salesforce.

The point of this thread is that market research shows we are underpaid compared to people doing this same job at other companies. No one ever said they were not grateful for our job, this company, and our salary. I am very grateful for everything I have and I work hard to earn it. If market research showed our marketing dept was underpaid compared to other companies, I am sure you would feel the same. Not to mention, other companies are stealing our reps away because they want our relationships and pay significantly more than Amgen.

Don't get on here and be a hater...no one likes a Negative Ned.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really, you Pinhead! Have you ever heard of "Impactible Sales"? That's right your leadership measures it and it's less than 10%. When was the last time you had something new to talk about? That's why we're transitioning to a contract salesforce. We can basically roll monkeys out there and sell the same amount of product. Oh, that's basically what we have out there right now. If you can make more $$ somewhere else, you may want to jump on that. You're "market research" that claims you are underpaid is complete BS. HR has "market research" that shows you are extremely overpaid for the part job you have.

You had better hurry home, it's almost time to pick up the kids from school.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a complete douche. My favorite part is that you sit trashing on what I do but you seem to be struggling to understand when to use "you're vs your". Obviously, you are well educated.

Then, you talk about how we are hiring contract people. What? Do you even work here? We don't have contract people (and most likely) never will in oncology. Primary care gigs- of course! Contract sales positions make sense there.

I will let you rant on; it sounds like you are really unhappy and need to vent. I make a great base and in 2015 my bonuses have been unbelievable. So, higher base salary or not...CHEERS!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lookie, lookie, lookie. We've got ourselves a college graduate and an English major, no less. Listen Einstein, onc reps are interchangeable with primary care reps. You have no access and nothing new to sell. You've wasted mommy and daddy's money on a college degree and you're a sales rep. Paid pretty well for a part time job. Don't think that Rolf isn't running this contract sales force experiment for nothing. Primary care first and then onc. Good luck Skippy!