NSM cancelled

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NSM has been cancelled as CB and BH try to cut expenses to get internal number. Guess what else has been cancelled? Any hope for a future with Covidien.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you're witty but a moron. Maybe it would have been better that they simply fired you and about 30 other selfish whiners, so there could be an NSM. That way the people who actually want to be here and help build a positive culture might not be dragged down by your entitlement BS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry but I saw the above post and laughed. someone finally "gets it."

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said anything about entitlements. You are clearly a brainwashed kool aid drinker. I am not asking for anything to be given to me. My point is simply this. We are in trouble. The future here is bleak. Start looking for a new job.

You are a fool if you think this company won't cut you in a second to save some money. Again, not asking for anything. No sense of entitlement. Just a realistic view of Covidiens future

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has nothing to do with entitlement. Has to do with how badly things are.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Chicken Little".....chill out dude! We, in Medical Supplies, had ours cancelled last year and everything is just fine. We're not as spoiled as you guys with the fat salaries and healthy commission payouts, but we understand that we work for a fantastic company that is doing everything it can to stay profitable in a time of great change and uncertainty. Reduce your spending and live modestly and you won't be so stressed out when your pay goes from $185k to $165k. Please keep posting though because it provides for great entertainment at the end of a long day in the field.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there is a NSM "you are Covidien" if it got canceled it's because chances are many of you will be "I was Covidien" until I got the boot so COV could fund Recalls, R&D and China.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken from under the desk of some troll in the bowels of materials management whilst you try to hawk your lap sponges and light handles.

Supplies doesn't need a NSM. What's there to say when you never see the inside of an OR and sell on price alone?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like the perfect business model to me!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm so sad No cheap gift from corporate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder what DJ Jimmy Jam will do now that his gig was cancelled?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no cheaper gift than unemployment.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The funny part is that I used to work in the OR and it's much more difficult selling "in the bowels of materials management" (as you say). You should probably deflate that ego of yours b/c I'm 100% confident that I'll continue to make great money while you remain constantly stressed that the next call or email you get from Hanson will send you to the unemployment line. Your products have all become a "commodity" so quit beating on your chest that you're in the OR. All that fancy technology that you're "supposed to be getting" doesn't seem to working out to well for ya Mr. Fancy Pants. Good luck finding a job b/c your days are numbered. YIKES!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

many of us allready feel unemployment is a better opportunity than what we have pending for us.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would challenge anyone in the surgical business to tell me the last time a surgeon actually had the final call on....a trocar, hand instruments, or pads & pencils, and probably many others. The market's changing, and if all we're doing is bragging about how we only rely on surgeon relationships while Applied is kicking our a$$ because of a solid valu prop....then maybe we're missing the boat.

While it's easy to criticize the mgmt team all we want, maybe we ought to appreciate they're taking steps to be more realistic about today's market, how to win, and what success looks like in a tough environment where there are a lot of other decision-makers besides the doc.

Good luck to all those jump-shipping alarmists....get out of the industry now, you are not cut out for the next several years of disruption.

Lets just hope they give us quotas we can understand and makes one consistent money.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. This stuff is great entertainment when I am a little bored

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, for one, couldn't be happier that I will not have to spend a week outside my territory and away from my family. Unless there are new products being launched, NSM is a waste of time. Except for the last half of awards night. That's fun.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is all BS. NSM was not cancelled. Don't think they would want to deflate morale any further and pass on an opportunity to pump up the sales force and start a new chapter and direction for the company. It would be penny wise and pound foolish

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grass is not green. The sun will not rise tomorrow. Water does not freeze. The Pope is not Catholic.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gawd if I was only making $185K I would shoot myself. It is a great company, but I am glad I work in a division where I can make more than the others. Whew, I would have to quit my gym and send my kids to public school.