Novasure VS HTA

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2007 at 12:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

serious replies, im considering both companies......from my field day doesnt seem like HTA stands a chance..

but heard the "sling" is a great product that Drs are excited about and yoiu can ake huge money on

what are your thoughts of the womans health div at bs

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

clinically, hta is slightly better. it is much harder to use in the or, but it is much more tolerable in the office. can treat many patients that are contraindicated w/ novasure. it is actually safer, even though the other reps scream vaginal burns all the time. if you check on the maude database over the last year, you will see only 5 hits for hta (hydrotherm ablator). Novasure has 59, including a death, and thermachoice has about 39 including a death. excluding thermachoice, novasure and hta are both good products clinically. that being said about hta, the rest of our products are very behind the technology curve. if you are stepping into a territory that was successful, than bsc is a great choice. if you are stepping into a territory that ams, jj, and bard have been running free, you are screwed...we still don't have a lift kit. my advice is go with cytyc if the money is there. at bsc, you will make around $140,000 first year if you hit plan. Company car plus all expenses.

good luck

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No disrespect, but I have to disagree with previous post. Have seen all ablation technologies. HTA is not clinically superior to NovaSure. Much harder to use in the OR. OR Staff hates it. Cannot imagine using in the office. Treatment time is 10 minutes vs 90 sec avg for NovaSure. NovaSure is currently being successfully used in offices around the country for the right patient. Not for every patient. Some need heavier sedation provided in OR. No ablation technology is without potential injury. All are safe when used appropriatly, but I have been in too many HTA cases where the MD barely moves and has a fluid leak at the cervix. They apparently will address this problem with next generation product, but it is not out yet.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hta is better as far as the number of patients that it can treat, however, boston scientific sucks to work for. they are shit. trust me i work there...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You suck....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The predictability of stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

The reason there are SOOOO many less adverse events for HTA on the maude data base is that there are SOOOOOOOOOO many fewer HTA's performed compared to NovaSure. Roughly 6 to 1. That being said, both technologies are seeing the end of their lifecycles. Regardless of what both companies are telling their reps, there is no where near the amount of women out there who are "suffering". The only hope is for NovaSure's current attempt to expland labeling for "cosmetic" purposes. Good luck with that by the way.....

There are two implant products being developed that will treat AUB much more effectively, similar to Mirena but with specific labeling for heavy bleeding. And save your ridiculous hormone arguments No, I am not with Mirena.

So do it while you can I guess. NovaSure, continue to BBQ the endometrium and HTA, continue to have patients wiggle a little while they are full of scolding water. Both sound like a disater in the office.

7. The only absolute here is that nobody has ever expired due to a burned vagina!!! Regardless of the overall numbers of Novasure cases there are vs. those of HTA, internal bowel injuries caused by blind ablation technologies(especially Novasure) has been responsible for 60 internal injuries requiring surgical intervention, 4 ICU visits, and now 4 deaths!!! Novasure is the only device on the market today that can actually internally injure a patient without even turning it on!!!! The fact of the matter is that HTA's adverse events are all preventable, whereas Novasure's device is responsible!!

Here is a great exerpt out of Novasure's own DFU's(bottom of page 2 LHS) that says it all:
    Although designed to detect a perforation of the uterine wall, it is an indicator only and may not detect all perforation under all possible circumstances. Clinical judgement must always be used.

My question is, how does the physician use good clinical judgement when they place the Novasure device in the patient, it passes the cavity assessment, and it burns right through the uterine wall and into the bowel? Oh yes, this does happen!!! It is on the FDA Maude database on several occasions!!! Also, check on Hematometra, Asherman's Syndrome, and PATL Syndrome.....All issues with this market leading device, that will be exposed as more cases are done with it.

In addition, Surgeons like to do surgery!! So calm you jets before you decide to put all your chips into a non-surgical approach for AUB. Although the Mirena IUD for AUB is off label, it has not made a dent into the $400M GEA market!!

Those are the facts!!! Deal with it!!

Good luck with anywhere you go.....Maybe you can sell Audiana??? Oh wait that also doesn't work!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come on trainee, you are posting a response to a post that is almost a year old......maude data base, while you are at it check out the deaths Boston products have caused, besides your litte ablation device.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trainee??? I have been with Bard now for 4 years!!!! Just because you are stuck driving a company car, living in a condo, and married an ugly fat chick is no reason to get fired up with me!!

Douchbag!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bard? I guess that explains your response to a post that is a year old. I think your company actually makes douchbags........

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Such an intellegent response from a suit "douchbag". The amazing thing is, is that you actually think your company and job are that much better. Lets take a look shall we...Your company stock is in the toilet, you probably want to kill yourself on a daily basis toting that POS HTA around, and then have to come home to a spouse who has probably been fucking the neighbor for the last few years..."douchbag" really doesn't give you the credit you deserve.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay...when you start spelling words like "intelligent" correctly you will be on a track to success.

I have not worked @ BSC for several years! Moved on to a better gig, HTA is shitty, but then again so is working in ANY women's health job. I check back from time to time to see what disaster is going to happen next. Relax buddy,your continued use of the word "douchebag" lets me know you must be on your fourth year out of school working for Bard... maybe you didn't go to college.

Good luck with your continued search of old posts, not working for Bard anymore and improving your spelling.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both of these options are silly...at least for me. I'm a Mirena girl all the way. Just had my 5-year swap-out on Monday. Fully paid for, but hurt like a bitch. No babies and no bleeding. But if I want a baby, I'll just have my doc pull the ol' Mirena out.

14. I don't speak from a reps. point of view. I see all the E.A. products. I have put lots of ladies to sleep for these procedures. Novasure is the by far less painful and quicker. This does make it a better in office choice. HTA is long and requires more drugs and sedation and the patients hurt more after they wake up. I have seen first hand a very bad vaginal burn that put a lady in the ICU. Her vagina will never and i say again NEVER be the same. Thermachoice may be a little less risky but still requires alot of post op pain meds. As for the statements that EA wont be around long I would say your wrong. The pelvic integrity is maintained and there are no chemicals in the blood stream. I know that there are risks with any procedure. I personally find the Novasure procedure less likely to get my name on a lawsuit. Also dont forget to read ACOG.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaginal burns? Have you ever seen a Novasure patient who had a bowel burn?
    I've seen HTA and Novasure in an office setting and disagree Novasure is far less painful. Quicker yes, but that's about it.

16. I don't have a care what company wins the race. I do know all three procedures very well and I know the anesthetic requirements for each. I also read the data because I put my insurance on the line for in office procedures. I know what ACOG has said. You would have to screw up pretty good to burn someone with a Novasure. You don't have to do much to screw up with an HTA. Of the three procedures I could have had done on my wife, I picked the Novasure. Her results have been great. You truly sound like a frustrated HTA rep who is loosing their shirt to Novasure. I would much lay my malpractice insurance on the line with an in office Novasure vs. an HTA any day. If you look and the technology side of the picture HTA is beat like a dog. At the end of the day Novasure has my vote for safety, speed and good outcomes.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely not frustrated or losing my shirt to Novasure. Actually converting many docs. They believe HTA gives patients a better outcome and more complete treatment. They also like being able to treat a larger patient population.
    Everybody has a preference. It is BS that it is easy to cause a burn with HTA. If you really feel that way, you don't understand the procedure.
    In-office, HTA is very tolerable, I've seen plenty of IO Novasure and the patients are pretty uncomfortable or out from anes.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had problems with insurace Companies getting involved in the "moderate sedation" of these patients in the office by using only oral valium and hydrocodone? We just got a letter from BCBS wanting all these requirements such as ACLS and AED. They want to send someone to the office to verify that we have all these things in place.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NovaSure is a dangerous treatment option. I have sat in on on several cases where the doc didn't realize he perf-ed the fundus and the device did not catch it. He kept on trying to ablate...what a mess.

Saw another where the NS wand literally got cooked into a patient's uterus and the doc could not get it out. Ended up having to pour warm water throught the device to release it from the endometrium.

I would much rather use hot water with the ability to see what is happening.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't laugh but if you are thinking of using an ablation device in-office, the FDA APPROVED device for that is Her Option... I have sold both Her Option and HTA, and have been in plenty of Novasure cases...anyone who would try to use anything but Her Option in the office is asking for big, big trouble...