Novartis Said to Consider Selling Contact Lens Care Division

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Nov 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Acceleration growth plan or how to dismantle everything....

The lens-care business may draw interest from competitors, the people said, asking not to be identified because the deliberations are private. The proposed sale is at a preliminary stage and the company may decide against a disposal, the people said. A sale could bring in as much as $1.6 billion, according to one analyst’s estimate.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let the dismantling begin

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I owned a dumpster fire and someone wanted to buy it from me, I think I would jump at the opportunity. FWN CLC appears to be in a similar situation. I've never seen a more disfunctional business. Dump it now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Acceleration my ass! Looks like they need more cash to cover surgical business losses they are desperately trying to sweep under the rug.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or they might just move it all to the new Singapore plant.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wasn't the Singapore plant started before Novartis?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Save us Dan B. , save us from having to watch TV so much while getting paid 1.5 times on overtime on the weekend shift!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was the contact lens plant. The eye care plant opened last year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Save us Dan B. , save us from having to watch TV so much while getting paid 1.5 times on overtime on the weekend shift!

Someone's stirring the pot and people take it hook, line and sinker. Gotta love it!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kyle, Paul and Stephanie couldn't even save us now. Polish up them resumes.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

started, not opened. I heard Alcon has been trying to get that pant up and running for over 5 years and just opened it late 2014.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. That was last year.