Novartis MS Salary expectations?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Joe Pharma, Feb 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM.

1. Joe Pharma

Joe Pharma new user

I'm in the interview process and am trying to see what the salary range is for a MS rep? I've got the at risk amount and am just looking for more information on salary range. thanks

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make sure you don't accept a job in Philly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't do it! Even if you do not have a job, pass on this one.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends what you make now, Novartis is big pharma. If you're at 75k expect about 80-85k, 100- 110k, you won't get a huge bump here. The range here is between 80k to 130k (rare anymore).... The place is cesspool so think real hard and long about this, the sales force in 5 years has turned at lest 2-3 times in some areas. There will be another mass exodus in a month with Genentech hiring. They don't want smart people, they want people to regurgitate the iPad, stick to an outdated selling model (breakaway selling) and they'll screw you, squeeze you and lie to you while chipping every penny out of your bonus (a laughable bonus at that, for a 70k drug) but if you need a job, take it and keep looking..... Good luck.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1 or 2 drugs in pipeline? Only 60 targets per geography is new to me. I was hoping big territory at least equaled 125k base. Sounds like they only offer 7%-15% over what you already make.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most in the MSBU are only making 80-95k tops. All the big salaries are gone and the people with them. This BU is full of primary care reps, all the ones that knew MS left and rightfully so..... It's a sinking ship, most districts are half empty, managers are horrible leaders, half the KAM spots are empty, everyone is miserable. If you desperate for a job or unemployed take it but continue your search.....you'll find out very quickly how bad it is to work at Novartis.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have to love CM's comments on the last two days SRF rise being a result of the meeting. That comment alone shows you how little he knows about this BU. He is fucking clueless.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why, what makes a Novartis MS position in Philly bad? Or south Jersey for that matter? Any insight would be appreciated.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are many posts on the Novartis board about the MSBU.There are a considerable amount of posts concerning Philly.Do your research.The answer to your questions can be found in under 2 minutes.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH Wow!!! Thank you so much for the heads up! You're right, there are a TON of posts about the Philly manager! And, I am shocked that someone left after a month on the job... let's hope they found a better opportunity and hoping all of you do as well!

I don't work for Novartis and was just beginning my research as I was considering applying to be part of MSBU (I like that there is a potential to launch Ofatumumab down the line, as I have neuro experience); however, it seems like it is being run much like spoon fed big pharma and is pretty top heavy, with potential lay offs looming... the former being worse than the later in my opinion. Wishing you luck in getting out and success if you stay!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me, last thing you want to do is launch a drug with this company. Worst track record of launching new drugs. Why?? Because they recycle failed execs in other BU's and put them in charge.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so true.. stay away.. reps are grossly underpaid and get screwed on bonus all the time...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can get 110k-130k plus a signing bonus if you have the resume. Drug is a tough sell but the competition is too. Large geographies so be prepared to drive. Good luck!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What ever your circumstances might be, I guarantee they are not bad enough for you to come here. This company and division are the worst I have experienced in my 15 years of pharma sales. The micromanagement is borderline harrassment and the ABL's are clueless, which is exactly what the RD's want. The RD's play the ABL's like puppets. This drug is toast!! You will deeply regret coming here. Ask the hiring manager about the turnover in his/her territory.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

200k, 50k at plan, car, benes.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NPC msbu has been trying to eliminate reps with high salaries and replace them with lower cost people with much less or even no MS experience. They don't want or need the best anymore. Best outcome from here on is to maintain meager MKT share. Only price hikes will make even that dismal goal attainable.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

prices hikes has been the only thing to help this drug.