Novartis Killed Alcon??

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats you thoughts? Was it all Novartis or do you think it was our Alcon upper management teams? Either way it is RUNIED, Trust and loyalty no longer exist here. Can't wait for the NSM to hear the "spin"!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't NVS that ruined it, they just turned on the lights so people could finally see the truth...Alcon had bad leadership that was exposed when held to a high standard. None of them ever worked outside Alcon and couldn't lead. They were bullies and lacked vision. They took someone like CG and turned him into a clone that people rejected. All of the original thinkers and visionaries have left the company because Fred has to control everything. It remains a great place, you have to pull back the veneer of this leadership team to see the possibilities. The future is bright with the fat trimmed and leadership shifting.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, Alcon has the worst leadership out there!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Novartis Killed Alcon?? Nope it was Fred.

Fred killed Alcon. And continues to do so. Laying off great people using a third party, allowing them to interview back for their positions, string them along and deny them. Good people, good leaders let go. Why? Because Fred wants robots, micro managers, power. In Fred's eyes, if you are a manager that is "liked" then you are aren't doing your job. Twisted. We are in this position because Fred made a bad decision years ago in reorganizing and overhiring. Power hungry.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do agree with that .. He's a terrible leader and decision maker. Any idiot knew that vigamox was on its way out with ophthalmologist .... Tobradex ST sucks... expansion...were all things that Fred Ellis was bullish on. He makes terrible decisions and who gets penalized ??? Reps with new BS territories, layoffs. He's gotta go. He's created a terrible terrible environment

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon was killed in many other ways. Reps used to be able to have a personality and do things outside the box. At this point with all the fears of litigation your messages as a sales person are robotic and generic.

Is this the fault if lawyers, upset employees, or big pharma? I think it is all 3. If you think your are a sales person because you sell pharmaceuticals you are badly mistaken. Your a paid commercial that can no longer even answer questions without concerns of off label promotion.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the same in other companies too. Allergan is the same way now. No personality, no fun,all in fear that is passed down to the rep level. It 's specialty pharma in today's environ...changing over to the ways of big pharma. There is a 20% drop in pharma sales reps...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I for one am freakin EXCITED!!! I have 2 words to say to the DM and RD who deemed me 'not 'overly excited' about the possible 3-4 nights of overnights a week to launch a 'me too' product--- THANK YOU!!!! I am a bit disappointed in my acting abilities as clearly even I could not feign joy over a territory that was 10 hours wide from one point to another. I wish them the best in finding their next 'Indiana Jones/clinical expert' for the rugged terrain, endless nights away from family and friends and lack of appreciation this job is sure to entail.

My parting gift will be the copies I made of my Siebel calendar over the last 2 years-yup I saved em-to HR documenting every time my manager cancelled on 5 minutes notice, went into ONE call (if he even showed up), wasted my daylight by 'I'm gonna be a few minutes late'...several hours later... crickets chirping... radio silence.....never even gave me the courtesy of a phone call to explain his sorry, lazy ass disappearing into thin air....Cherry picked my list and gave top docs in zip codes that were clearly mine to other teammates who STILL can't even perform with every advantage handed to them.

The best part about this post is knowing that this miserable excuse for a leader is still standing. Even better is that this describes SO MANY of the managers that are left that if even one loses a wink of sleep at night knowing the 'special package' I have prepared will be arriving to HR upon my departure than it has all been worth it! Sweet dreams!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree. Corporate culture was so different "BN' (Before Novartis). Previously.....one big happy family. Now? Constantly looking over the shoulder (hello BPO?). Purchase by NVS was the worst thing, ever, to happen to Alcon. I'm thinking that Home Depot (hello Orange Apron!) looks much, much better now. At least I can still have my integrity.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These two posts are sadly completely on point. If you are still here, the lists are so poor you have no chance of making money and the territories so big you live in your car or on airplanes. If you are gone they made you feel like you lost the golden ticket.

I WISH I had gotten the package. This is a sinking ship and my bet is they won't be providing life jackets for the remaining rats in the maze.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't rat them out. It will just fall on deaf ears. It is just bad karma to go this route. Sure, I thought about doing it too. My manager was the opposite of yours. Mine was verbally abusive to me and others they didn't "click with." They made this job a hellish experience.

So, I left and karma will get them eventually, either in business or in personal life.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL

Could you imagine if you were a doctor. A trained surgeon doing cataract surgery and treating Glaucoma and you see some dumb-ass with a Bachelor's (from a shit state school) walk in while you're trying to treat eye disease and be like "BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA."

I'd be like "Yo, who let this effin idiot in here? Trying to do my god damn job!" They don't even need your samples dumb ass! They prescribe what they want--sample or not!!

Do you think pre-Novartis, post-Novartis, Alcon, Allergan, whatever other pharma company matters?? If you were a doctor, would it matter? NO.

LOL

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What! Sales drives Alcon. Clearly doctors are influenced by reps because it
    Shows up in the numbers.

You must be a terrible rep if you have never influenced a doctor

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah you are sooooo influential to trained Physicians and Surgeons. You're legendary. A hero of sorts. Someone whom they wish they had become. A mentor. A godsend. Marvelous. Fabulous. The ruler of the Universe. All of this because: YOU ARE A SAMPLE DROPPER SON!

CLEARLY

LOL

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sums up being a drug rep. And you wonder why your skills as a drug rep are worthless to other employers...

Thanks for the chucks. Well written post Sir.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha, you are such a clown. Just because a doctor is trained in medicine DOES NOT mean he knows all the medicines available for his patients. There is constantly new products and indications for products that doctor know nothing about. We are trained on our medicine and in many cases know more then the doctor about how our product treats a disease state.

You probably are a sample dropper and never hit your numbers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have hit my numbers time and time again by being a sample dropper. I went a whole quarter by having almost no interactions and my numbers went up.

Sample dropping works.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it, you leave samples to ambivalent Doctors and you sell a me-too product just like your competitor. Look at it like this, Doctors write RXs all the time and get hit up by drug reps. for disease states that aren't interesting. If I worked out of the home and a bunch of toilet paper reps tried to convince me of what toilet paper wouldn't cause my ass to get irritated when I dig up there, I wouldn't care either because I like my toilet paper. There are very few new drugs out there just like there hasn't been a breakthrough in ass-wiping technology since the addition of cotton toilet paper.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, there are just SO MANY NEW DRUGS out there that the doctor has NO IDEA what is available to prescribe....

Leave them a lone bro. You're annoying.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A drug rep is somewhat useful during a drug launch, but do you honestly think you bring them any value after your drug has been on the market for 5 years?