Novartis ... How bad is it?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hi... May be getting an offer to join Novartis and whoa! There is a lot of harsh stuff on CP that has me second guessing ....so how bad is it? It would be in specialty division but few honest answers would be appreciated. I have another offer that may come in few weeks and I'm ok actually where I am now. Just want honest feedback to see if joining would be a mistake. It is MS division. Thanks in advance for your help..

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MS is bad. Some areas worse than others. Some managers are unbearable to work for. Micromanagement throughout. Were you told about the 20% hold back in bonus?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DO NOT DO IT!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!!! Being a member of the MSBU has been my worst experience in 20+ years of pharma experience. All of the ABL's especially in the South, south east and North east are primary care monkeys that think they are gods gift to selling when in fact, they are glorified used car salesman. You're life will be micromanaged like never before. The drug is good, but senior managment has never worked out the issues with getting patients on therapy. Physicians have been burned too many times in the past to try it again, yet it will be you will constantly be blamed for physicians not prescibing. I woud not take this position if it was the last one in the world. Look on here at the years of complaining from this division, yet things are worst now than ever. Besides, I have had two recuiters tell me that clients were excluding novartis candidates from job searches. Why would you want to do that? You have been warned!!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's that bad but I'm not going to sit here and tell you why because when you read this site never really know. Is everyone on here a bunch of complainers?I try not to be so I'm not gonna answer my advice to you is to go on LinkedIn look at Novartis representatives in your area reach out to them a few of them through linked in and see what you can find out. I think that's a much better way than reading this site to really get a feel for what's going on.I can't tell you in my district alone we went through an expansion six of the people hired three have already quit. It's sad. They don't know what they got themselves into. Everyone else I knowwants to leaf. Some are trying some are not. But everybody is miserable. I've been around a long time made it through many downsizings but it's time for me to leave to because instead of getting betterwhich I thought it would it's getting worse. Ask the reps you reach out to what it's like working under a C I a agreement what it's like starting trimesters with no goals goals that change mid trimester rules that change mid trimester. In all honesty he you owe yourself that if this is a life decision there's no harm in reaching out to people for real advice but that's my two cents. I say look outside of Pharma in general.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Written like a long term Novartian. Man! That was a painful read.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are desperate take it . If you are not find something else ... Something better will come along . Don't join this sinking ship ... It's not the actual job ... It's the BS ... Unrealistic expectations ... The list goes on. The stress is unbearable ... Go get some Xanex if u accept ... U will need it to calm
    The anxiety

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left a few months ago and haven't been this happy in over 7 years. (When I joined this horrible bottom feeding company). The MSBU has been a sh!t show since day one, do yourself a favor and tear up any offer and never look back. I can't even begin to start the list of why but trust me don't do it....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know others who have left either on their own or downsized and they all say their quality of life is so much better even with paycut ! No more pit in stomach ... No more anxiety ... They are happy . Honestly ... Don't believe everything u read in this site. Do what another post said and look up people on linked in . The more people the better . Although don't know if they will be clmpletely honest either only out of fear . Are you really someone who may get hired or someone with in the organization looking for disgruntled employees ... THAT statement alone should
    Give you a sence of the "culture"
    Around here

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Massive layoffs coming too... must cut bottom line to float stock price.. September Suprise

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alcon, MS possible derm realignment ... All to help pay for CV which will downsize in 1 year then again

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abl's all worked up. Like they hear the drum beat of a cut.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just heard 2 more seasoned reps left one derm one CV ... It iS that bad !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback. Yes I have an offer coming next week I believe but I have 1 other that looks strong with a smaller biotech and another that is mid process with another MS company...thank you all for not putting usual cp bullshit out there. Did reach out on LinkedIn and it was very helpful.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could not have made a wiser choice. It's a terrible division for the worst product on he market for the disease state. Run and be grateful you did.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wise decission grasshoper

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the best view of this place is from the rear view mirror...most people here have a superiority complex and management is disingenuous, not to be trusted

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ons more thing. Every otherweek year they ask us to provide management feedback via the global employee survey....every other year they (Jj) says they listened and a talk force will implement blah bla but nothing ever changes ....still same issues hahaha

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not agree more. Easy in, difficult out.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BAD

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really can't even know how bad until you live it. Then you can't even believe it