Non Compete Agreement

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was laid off in November and signed the severance agreement that mandated a non compete for 6 months. Now I'm being courted by another homehealth agency. Any advice or experience with Amedisys non competes?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go for it, no company can deny you the right to earn a living. Plus I think the company has much bigger problems other than where you are working.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job. Just don't tell anyone at Amedisys.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice is to consult your lawyer. Each state has different laws regarding "right to work" statutes, and the non-compete has to be reasonably written and uphold a reasonable timeframe. 6 months is not that bad, considering home infusion world is 1-2 years of a non-compete. No state is going to want a person to collect unemployment over an income tax producing individual, so usually states stand on the side of the terminated. Plus, the company would have to PROVE that you personally have stolen their business, which is extremely hard to do as no one (like a referral source or a patient) wants to get involved with the court system.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

state by state varies-I agree with the above poster. Generally speaking you should be ok based on the reasons stated. I spoke to an attorney about this issue directly and said that is a very lose intrepration of the law and if I worked for a competitor I would be fine. This company has bigger worries....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in texas I watched two guys two guys that left the company for another HH and they were held to their contract. They both ended up losing there jobs and were out alot of money in court cost. now a girl that was let go is being brought to court for the same thing.
    Amedisys in houston will fuck you if you try it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total lie...you don't sign a non-compete when you're hired. You signe a NC when you're laid off.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I signed a non-compete agreement when I was hired 1 1/2 yrs ago. It was a condition of being hired, still have the copy of the non-compete. This company changes it's paperwork as time goes on, because they want to screw the AE's and AM's as much as possible.

Anyone with integrety wants out, I am looking every day. Only people that may be happy here are those without college degrees, where they can't match the salary any where else.

Home health care sales is not the same everywhere. Amedisys' bad reputation is nationwide now... let's see what happens once the investigations are completed.
    Beware All.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you a dumb ass.. that makes absolutely no sense.....you sign a nc as a condition of your employment. Stupid fuck...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh. My point, Amedisys sucks ass...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were hired by Amedisys, you signed a non-solicitation, not a non-compete.

If you receive a severance, you must then signe a non-compete to get it.

I was in HR for two and half years, this is how it is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well whatever the name of the document, I got hired on by a national ALF that is rolling out their own hh company. Have fun at Leadership, I'm making it my personal mission to make sure Amedisys no longer ever has any patients in any of our facilities.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Amessitis ...I'm now going to work in a doctors office that sends a whole lot of referrals to hhc...I can bet you Amessitis won't see any of them from now on...they are the worst hh company ever! They are corrupt with no ethics...as long as they get medicare's money they really don't give a rats ass about the patient. Sad, but so true.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not give a fuck if you were billy bob's love child. I initially signed a non-solicitation agreement and recieved severance when I was down-sized. I did not have to sign a non-compete to get my money. so, shut the fuck up...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong hr dope-signed a ns initially, rec. my severance, and never signed a non-compete to get it. ass.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My office was an aquistion, we did sign a nc, and a co-worker had to sign again to get his severance. Obviously this company is so screwed up HR has no f-ing clue what they are doing since there is no consistancy. Just like the rest of the company. Bunch of ass wipes.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Non-Compete is an agreement that you will not start your own business or work in the same industry as the current company you are working for. A Non-Solicitation means you cannot initiate contact with current referral sources, clients or patient's of the company. Plus, the company you have the agreement with would have to prove you stole business from them. So, go to work for the other company but call on places who did not refer. You will be ok!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me the current status of the non compete? I am thinking of leaving to work for competitor but at a higher level . New company aware and say not a big deal. When was the last time we had to sign?