No work life balance at GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do know we are exempt employees right? You can complete your workday how you want, if you finish work by 10 and metrics are hit you are done. If you wanna do admin time at 2, that's fully within the exempt model. Plan your day accordingly.

Since you can't get paid for overtime work, the little after work stuff will happen. It's the same principle, exempt employees are paid salary to get job done. How you get that job done is on you. So there will be "off hours work" since there isn't technical "work hours".

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PR Boy doesn't like this thread at all multiple responses trying to shut it down. I am always amused at which threads annoy the PR team. This one obviously touches a nerve.

It should because management are Nazis here. Worst company to work for in pharma.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you should work for GSK China

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not very bright posts. Intelligent reps would not stay in a bad dead-end job.....they would already have changed companies.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two things make life better: bring in shape and having regular sex. Everything else is a bonus. Get in shape, get some action, and let the chips fall where they may. Being fat and not getting any is the problem with most unsatisfied employees.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen !

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no "PR Boy" or PR team. Why do you waste your team repeating such idiotic comments?

You seem to be living such a miserable life. Maybe you should just move on with your life and find something else if you really hate this place so much.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true.....reminds me of ' Manchild ' comments....very childish.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the second time in a week, I have gotten my comeuppance. First Hillary loses, and now the paid troll said hurtful things. My snowflake has melted.

Boing!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You better say a prayer that she lost !

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you talking about. YOU are the troll.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former GSKer here, and I can't believe the reps at a company that "doesn't report sales" are having problems with "work/life balance?" Aren't you just customer service people at this point? How could that possibly be stressful? Granted, I don't work here anymore but...it's pretty f------ funny!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interpretation : I was fired by GSK because of my poor skills and I talk bad about them because I have a chip on my shoulder.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha former GSK'er! When we were paid on numbers I never did a business plan or ran a report. I heard from my boss once every other week. I knew where the business was and got it. I won winners circle year after year, made a great salary, had great managers who trusted us and left us to do our job.

Now, I need to run 10 different reports a week with detailed business analysis, I need to hit 10 calls a day, I need to do peer to peer presentations to 20% of my customers but oh dashboard was updated so I need to another PowerPoint presentation with updated metrics and simulationly kiss my boss, my sales excellence coach and RVP's a$$ and make some bull project up with regional influence to get a 2 rating all the while dreading our leading to win call which lasts for an hour and a half while we dissect every script Written. It's hell. I have never worked so hard and made so little at GSK. Numbers are very much in the picture and lackluster bonuses. It's all objective metrics on top of achieving sales goals so double the work.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just succinctly described why numbers at GSK are not going up as they should. Totally antiquated management using GE type forced ranking that most companies have gotten rid of since it is devisive and demotivating.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You hit on everything wrong here.
    -The forced business plans are jokes.
    -Copying & pasting dashboard data is a joke.
    -Making up random projects Is sad busy work.
    -S/E coaches are puppets.
    -L2W calls are pointless and sad.
    -Don't forget ridealongs with the same 6 docs.

Rvp and dm are the worst and make all of this laughable. Wow did this place go downhill.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Work life balance, are you kidding me. You complain about off hour calls from the boss. Really? You work 1-3 hours a day, at the very most. Crybabies! Get a grip you have no idea how great you have it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the point here is nobody would complain about the time of any call or text if they were productive. But there not and usually a waste of time. Metrics and forced ranking is not sales, it is rewarding the bullsh$$ers sycophants.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

" BUT THERE NOT....." ? What kind of education did you get ? Surely not a high class pharmaceutical rep. Especially poorly schooled using ghetto language. Hope you did not have to send in a report or take notes. So sad.