No work life balance at GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our yearly survey is out and every year we score low on work life balance. We need more honest criticism from representatives so perhaps something can be done. I'm so sick of the text messages at 7pm from managers who don't understand that's family time. Or the Sunday night analysis that needs to be done as soon as the WWDT comes out Sunday afternoon. Or how about the 7:45 am conference calls? The infringement on our personal time is outrageous and there is no continuity between managers or regions on this subject. Reps would like to see some kind of corporate policy that outlines communications should be between the hours of 8:30-5pm M-F for calls/texts and WWDT should come out early Monday morning to level set-expectations. And when I am on vacations, that means vacations so NO texts or phone calls! Perhaps, we all wouldn't be so burnt out if we had some balance between our jobs and personal time.

Please give your honest feedback on the subject and don't hold back!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a whinner

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not answer your text, look at your email or listen to your voicemail after 5pm or before 8am on a daily basis. Disconnect GSK email from your phone- it's not mandatory. You have a laptop and iPad- enough is enough. Control your own time.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sales don't matter !! Really can they have it both ways. Has anyone thought of contacting the DOJ about the messaging at GSK. Are you listening GSK cyber bully?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's the way we do it, and for past decades. If millennial does not like it, millennial should seek other employment.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cyber bully. There is number on Don website to report. Just checked out multiple page GSK CIA agreement. You coming after me now cyber bully. Just try it. I've been to labor lawyer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dept of Justice website has phone number. Call in if you dare

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did, and got me a cool 30 million (approx). Get good council and "Do the right thing"

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK one of the worst run companies, AZ next...both from the UK....bunch of sorry Blokes...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bottom feeder lawyers seeking business tonight.....try it Sparky and see how many years GSK will tie you up in court, and what it will cost YOU ! [ and just try to get another job ]

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you really think anyone believes one word of your post? Go away, troll.

As for the OP, of you are going to whine over a 7:45 am call, then you need to quit now. That has to be the most idiotic comments plaint I have seen in years.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like the other post, millennials want everything given to them, hate work, love to complain, and talk bad about the hand that feeds them !

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are always the voice of reason sparky. We need more old thinkers like you to turn it all around.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have a great work life balance, it's called stealing. While gsk micro manages the company into the ground, I do what I am told an no more. Fly under the radar, learn the company lingo, pretending to know the answers. It's not hard really, it's actually fun and the pay (despite being below market) is pretty good.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i create my own work/life balance. i put in about 2 half days a week. there are only 3 or 4 offices I call on with any regularity. This company is a joke and NO, I am not leaving it. I am going to sit here on the GSK teet and suck on it for as long as I can.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be caught, and you sound like a creep.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bottom line is there is no consistency with managers. Colleagues in regions have L2W calls at 8:30am and others at 7:30am. GSK also needs to outline a corporate communication policy to explain basic common sense communications between managers and reps. For example, there is no reason to send out a text message to a team at 7pm on a Saturday night to discuss the action plan for the week ahead. It all comes down to managers and unfortunately there are those that lack common sense and emotional IQ to make wise decisions for themselves and for their representatives.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dislike GSK in many ways, but come on guys and gals we have the best work life balance of the majority of jobs out there.

Most of which we speak of is extra fluff to justify others jobs. It's hardly impacting work life balance. Yes it's annoying but it's just busy work.

Let's stick to real criticism of this company.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's really unfair to have to carry samples into offices along with pizza and submarine sandwiches. This fatigues my arms making it difficult to play my afternoon game of tennis or golf. This really disrupts my work-life balance.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the intent of the poster is to highlight that if you are working an honest day, then your admin, expense reports, and business analysis gets done on personal time. Very few reps live in territory and many have at least an hour long commute in and an hour out of territory. Factor in managers requiring 10, 11 calls per day, admin done on personal time, and then on top of that managers trying to take even more personal time away, then yes the original poster makes a valid argument. There is a reason GSK surveys year after year have come up low on work/life balance.