No National Sales Meeting?

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spell check and grammar check as well.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you really just use sterile pins as your example?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey marketing. Shouldn't you be worried about ASR/Pinnicle and attune now being sued the shit out of? Your jobs on the line, not ours.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank GOD that we don't have to endure another NSM! These things are the biggest waste of time. Just a bunch of blow hards patting each other's backs. I'm not sure what the future holds with a company where sales and corporate hate each other. But I can garauntee it won't be prosperous.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does future look when folks in marketing hate each other? I can't even stomach being around people in Warsaw and I am in marketing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even noon here in beautiful Warsaw and the stupid questions are starting already. This sales force in recon would never last for even a single day in pharma. More importantly, would not even pass training. Keep the calls coming you box openers.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you guys should focus on work instead of a pool. Pin packs is your example? How many of those pin packs are you going to sell if an account isn't using our implants? You need the reps to sell our implants to have the opportunity to sell pins and other disposable items.. You can do a lot of this directly to the customer? You can show it to the design surgeons possibly. I would be willing to guess you have little to no contact with 90% of surgeon customers and probably less with hospitals. Sales reps are the face of this company to most customers. Has Depuy ever lost business when a person in marketing leaves? Has Depuy ever gained business by hiring a person in marketing? Would Depuy ever lose business if we cut salaries in the marketing department? If you leave no one bats an eye. When a senior rep leaves it can be a big deal that can lead to millions in lost business. Instead of holding ill will towards the sales force why don't you focus on being the best you can be at your job. If you think you would be such a good sales rep, why don't you get out into the field and see if you can hang.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy there Mr. Big Sales. The reason there is no NSM is because the sales are down across the board, not because we can't do our part in marketing. If sales is so great then losing 1-3% should not hurt at all because you can go to a zimmer customer and get that business no problem. NOT

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha, ha, ha!! You "little" marketing people! The only reason you are at DePuy is because you don't have enough talent to be hired by any other ortho company. DePuy is the landing spot for people like you... Just so you know, we may be nice to you to your face but the reality is, we think you are WORTHLESS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So marketing has no impact on sales? Nice you finally admit that. I know you guys live for NSM and are obviously upset it was canceled. Seriously though, why are you and people in marketing so concerned with sales reps commission? Why are you so concerned with dropping the reps commission. I could care less what you make. It doesn't effect me and what I make doesn't effect you. You are marketing, not management or a Sales VP. Maybe if you guys would focus on your jobs instead of worrying about what the sales team makes we would be in a better spot. If you want to discuss money, how much has ASR cost the company? Are you going to blame Sales reps for that?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clear proof that you cant sell:
    the medical devices category fell 12%. From your earnings call this AM. Now whatcha gonna do?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clear proof you are an idiot. Depuy US orthopedics posted growth.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+4% Attune
    +2% Hips

Be interesting too see our unit growth. Still similar to rest of ortho industry in growth however. We seen to keep posting this these type of numbers qtr over qtr.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know how to sell? Last NSM I sold the dorks in marketing 90% baking soda and they thought it was the best blow ever. That's only thing I will miss....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was great, your wife liked it as well and not the blow

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STOP!

Go do your jobs and get off the site. This is most likely from a Zimmer or Stryker rep starting all this, no one in marketing even thinks this way. Grow up

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why? This is reality here, a clusterfuck of idiots. Welcome to our company culture.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those post from marketing had too much detail to be a competitor. Thats the image that this division has earned and how you guys come across. If you guys would actually listen to sales reps instead of bad mouthing them it would actually help you. We are the ones who see the instruments and implants in action, have the conversations with a broad base of customers, and see the competition. If you are consistently getting questions on a certain implant or instrument, maybe send out some more info to the field instead of starting a pool. Don't complain about using your corporate card for a dinner, be thankful for the face time with a customer. If you aren't getting invited to dinners while other product managers and marketing people are then maybe that's a reflection of how the field views you. If sales are down or slow don't say the reps are idiots who can't sell, find out what they are seeing in the field that is causing this.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is so sweet, what a good person you are