New to Home Healthcare

Discussion in 'Home Healthcare Reps - General Discussion' started by elizabethb, Mar 11, 2015 at 5:49 PM.

1. elizabethb

elizabethb new user

Hi! I am new to the Home Healthcare field. I am in the process of interviewing for a position and would like any advice anyone could give me. I have 12+ years of sales experience, but it has been in insurance. This is new to me so I am reaching out for help. Thanks ahead of time for any words of wisdom!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Learn as much as you can about home healthcare and develop a good elevator speech. Pick a common home health diagnosis and prepare a good sales pitch that you can present. A role play situation will likely present itself. Home health sales is 1/2 relationships, 1/4 product knowledge, and 1/4 operational prowess of your clinical staff. Good luck!

3. elizabethb

elizabethb new user

I appreciate your response and good ideas. I have been reading and researching as much as possible. I have reached out to some local reps as well. I am very comfortable in a sales role, so that part is not as issue. I just wanted to get some industry specific feedback. Thanks again!:)