Never speak about culture again...

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Aug 15, 2015 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Preferably one with a degree in law.

100% true, never report anything to BPO unless it's something for overall company protection, that's all they are there for. Novartis BPO even refers matters to Alcon HR. In other words if you are filing a complaint to BPO about something at Alcon it will be Alcon itself looking into the matter. So who do you think they're looking out for? Not you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I reported to the bpo several things about my manager and how shitty this company is becoming. It was turned over to Alcon's hr Frank for surgical RAM. So I talked to frank who was a joke. Would not put anything in email. Later that evening, I went to a bar on the property with a friend. There was frank, having shots with two RDs. Literally they were at a back table doing toasts with shots. Lost all confidence in frank. he Never did anything to help and was afraid to do what's right. Very few emails and lots of calls. He is So worried about a lawyer.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no culture---Alcon reps walk around like Zombies, --nothing like the swagger days of Bill Barton

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its more like the shellshocked these days.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Swagger implies pride and personal integrity among other things. If you want anything close to that you need to leave. No supposed healthcare benefit is worth being demeaned, overworked and humiliated. If you are more than 3 years from 55 run. Get your life back. The rest of who are close to 55 will just have a little more of our souls sucked from us while we endure this travesty.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember though it was Buehler and Barton, the sociopath, that brought Alcon down. While Barton was in the US he caused a few problems but once Buehler let him out onto the world he wreaked havoc. Asia first and then Europe. He has a lot to answer for but he wisely got out before shit really hit the fan.
    Novartis inherited a sinking ship but didn't know how to save it!!!!!!!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Barton was anything but a sociopath. He was a decent principled person. His leader ship is sorely missed, Buehler not.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You obviously didn't know him very well.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Completely agree. The ship was getting ready to sink when Buehler left. He, and the board, set expectations WAY too high with Novartis, and now we pay the price. Barton, though generally well thought off, definitely made a few wrong calls along the way that cost us a lot of business. Two were specific recommendations made by him regarding premium technologies, which could have performed well but flopped in the end. Oh well, life goes on.