Neuroscience..what does our future hold?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 8, 2016 at 9:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sean is taking a seat in the few remaining lifeboats.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is he going?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He is now oncology

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All you shitty level 3 reps who could never advance to level 4. Bye bye!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually you overpaid level 4s are the first to go.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually, all of us are going to go, doesn't matter the level, pay, seniority age or gender. It's all about elimination, computer algorithms and the mass move to oncology. For those of you who still believe neuroscience has a long shelf life, ask yourself...why in the hell is EVERYONE leaving for oncology???? Really?? People are literally clamoring and scratching their way to get outa here, top level on down. Losing XR in a couple months...ONE DRUG, no announcements for another product? There is no time to make deals, the only deals being made are higher paychecks and job security in ONCOLOGY!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I figure they will take half of neuro and put in oncology. We have like 8 weeks of XR and have not heard of any new drug on our horizon. Plus oral relistor was just approved.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a lot of high salaries in neuro and not enough room for all of them in Oncology. No way they put you in a PC role as a level 4. The streets of unemployment will be filled soon with reps in their 40s and 50s with no place to go. Good luck to us all.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not gonna happen. The neuro TA is the best of the best, and they know it. If you think ONC is where to be, just wait until either they don't get approved, or if they do, they sure as hell won't be first to market! More than likely, third or greater! Docs are in love with pain killers because they don't have to actually diagnose a problem, they just dope them. Then they can't shit, and here we come with Big Mo! They had their chance to at least schedule a layoff for neuro, but didn't!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey are you blind and deaf? There isn't going to be a neuro division in 12 months. It isn't an option, GET IT????

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all depends what they decide to do with Movantik. I'm convinced there is no drug for us in the short term. I think we would have heard of it by now. If Sean secured a job in another TA, they are keeping this under wraps until we have squeezed everything out of XR. Is Movantik enough to sustain a neuro force? Seems unlikely especially since Relistor was approved. I really have no idea which way they will go.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And why are you so convinced that neuro will be over in 12 months??? Intel? Hunch? NO job in this industry is certain for the next 12 months!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well it is called a $1billion plus cost reduction. Where do you think they are going to get those savings? They already sold off their older brands, sold buildings and closed others. We are the logical choice with bloated salaries and nothing to sell. Seems simple enough to understand. But of course most of you will bury your heads and swear that it will never happen to you. That works right up until the day that they let you go. They won't think twice about it either.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$1.5 billion to be exact. They could fire 75% of us tomorrow and never miss us.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me when I say neuro is next to go. It's been talked about in recent weeks and they will pull trigger before end of 3q.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Movantik enough to sustain Neuro division? That is the question. Has Sean secured a position somewhere else in the company and won't divulge that info until September? The answers to that will decide our fate.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The vast majority of these people will convince themselves that it can't happen to them.
    Trust me, it can and it will eventually. I have accepted reality and have been interviewing for 5 months. I am in the 3rd round with a very solid company and hoping to get the job. Even if I don't, I feel better knowing that I am taking control and not letting AZ control my future.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CBD in the west will not be replaced... Steve L will take over. What does that say?