Neuropathy Indication for Metanx

Discussion in 'Pan American Laboratories' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2006 at 10:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Anonymouse, If you're so strongly opinionated, why not have the cohones to sign your 'thought' .??? mia

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Mia, mia, mia, you have no clue about the benefits of this website!! The truth actually comes out on this site because there is no consequences to voicing ones opinions. This site just helps people see what this company is really all about!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metanx is a miracle for me. It really does work. I would like to thank the highly intelligent podiatrist who prescibed this for my daughter. She was crying and in misery from burning pain in her feet. She was given ibuprophen from another podiatrist for the pain. However I took her to another Doctor who gave her metanx. She can walk again. I am not saying she is totally cured but she is not crying from foot pain and burning. And she says her feet feel better. If you have diabetic periphreal neuropathy..get metanx it will save your limbs. She felt better in less then one week.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It will save your limbs." Stupid. Why make up a long bullshit ass story and then give away that you sell this shit right at the end by saying the exact line we're supossed to feed doctors?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this product was such a miracle drug then why is it not a billion dollar product? Why do most HMO's not even pay for it? Shout its not even a drug.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys, Why do you keep wasting your time on unnecessary squables that are irrelevant? You either want to work for this company or not. you either believe in the benefit of these products or not. What concerns me is that i have heard from a reliable source the SS from Louisiana is leaving this company to go work for another company. This concerns me since from what I have heard he has done a lot for this company and is compensated well. Why would a rep making extremely good money, more than he could make anywhere else opt to go work for another company unless something is really wrong? Has anyone else heard this? What is going on?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you talking about?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steven Smith

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The silver lining in your statement is "Why would a rep making extremely good money, more than he could make anywhere else opt to go work for another company". Believe it or not much to your nievity there are many other companies in the pharma industry that pays more money than Pamlabs. Plus many other companies have more career growth, such as marketing, management, hospital sales, new product launch and development etc. Companies like Cephalon, Ista, Cubist, Gilead, Endo, Prometheus labs, Soreno, and Millennium have been known to start experienced reps in the 75k-95k range. Some people do see the light and move on from this shit hole. The grass is always greener after leaving Pamlabs!

10. And the question remains yet to be answered; Does Metanx have an FDA approval? Mr. Anonymous with the scatalogical reply proved typical by assaulting the question and not answering it. For me, as a practicing physician, Anonymous answered the question completely. NO it is not FDA approved and there is not much hope of getting one.

PS: I signed mine

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you, probably a fucking chiropractor? Whatever you say, doc.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well of course it doesn't have an indication. In order to have an indication one has to have a drug first. These aren't drugs, doc. These are vitamins. Besides, if you really wanted to know why didn't you do what every real doctor does and look at the package insert instead of wasting your time here?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't care if it's approved or not! It's being sold and I've been using it for a month for diabetic neuropathy and it works!!! No more Lyrica!! Leave it alone, unless you're going to help it get approved!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clinical question Are high-dose B vitamins beneficial for adults with diabetic nephropathy?

Bottom line High-dose B vitamins may actually increase the risk of adverse outcomes—including MI, stroke, and mortality—in adults with both type 1 and type 2 diabetic nephropathy. Highdose B vitamins are also either harmful or of no benefit to patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease, chronic renal failure, and cognitive impairment. The B vitamins belong on the same “Do Not Use” shelf alongside the vitamin E. (Level of evidence = 1b)

Synopsis Supplemental folic acid and B vitamins are not beneficial in adults at high risk of cardiovascular disease or in those with chronic renal failure. Whether this is also true for patients with diabetic nephropathy is unknown. These investigators identified 238 adults, 18 years or older, with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and nephropathy defined as at least 300 mg of urinary albumin excretion per day. Patients randomly received, in double-blind fashion (concealed allocation assignment), a capsule containing folic acid (2.5 mg), pyridoxine (25 mg), and cyanocobalamin (1 mg) or an identical placebo once a day. Persons assessing outcomes remained masked to treatment group assignment. Complete follow-up occurred for more than 96% of patients for a median length of 32 months. Analyses were by intention to treat. Although plasma homocysteine levels were significantly lower in the intervention group, the patients assigned to the B-vitamin group had a significantly greater reduction in renal glomerular filtration rate compared with patients in the control group. There was no difference in the need for dialysis between the two treatment groups. Most important, patients in the B-vitamin group also experienced an increased risk of the composite outcome of MI, stroke, and all-cause mortality (number needed to treat to harm = 11).

House AA, Eliasziw M, Cattran DC, et al. Effect of B-vitamin therapy on progression of diabetic nephropathy: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2010;303(16):1603-1609.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we all have been lying to all our doctors. I'm going to sit in the front pew at church now and repent.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the last 2 months there was the trial on ESRD pts that showed harm to the folate pts, the SEARCH trial which was neutral, the above listed trial and now this from the Lancet. But don't worry, they used folic acid in all the trials and not L-MTHF. What has PanAm ever published that shows any benefit?

WEDNESDAY, Aug. 4 (HealthDay News) -- Supplementation with folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 is safe but does not appear to reduce the incidence of major vascular events in patients who have experienced a recent stroke or transient ischemic attack, according to a study published online Aug. 4 in The Lancet Neurology.

Graeme J. Hankey, M.D., of the Royal Perth Hospital in Australia, and colleagues randomized 8,164 patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack within the past seven months to receive one tablet daily of B vitamins (2 mg folic acid, 25 mg vitamin B6, and 0.5 mg vitamin B12) or placebo. The primary end point was the composite of stroke, myocardial infarction, or vascular death.

After a median follow-up of 3.4 years, the researchers found that 15 percent of patients assigned to B vitamin supplementation and 17 percent of those assigned to placebo reached the primary end point (risk ratio, 0.91; P = 0.05). In addition, the researchers found no significant differences in common adverse events among those who received B vitamin supplementation and those who received placebo, and there were no unexpected serious adverse events.

"Daily administration of folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 to patients with recent stroke or transient ischemic attack was safe but did not seem to be more effective than placebo in reducing the incidence of major vascular events," the authors write. "These results do not support the use of B vitamins to prevent recurrent stroke."

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole company is Voodoo and Snake oil. Pass the Pancof HC, please!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so, how are we to respond to the latest negative studies?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you have been making Sam Camp boat loads of money. Sam Camp is no different than the medicine man going town to town in the 1800's selling piss in a jar. Sam just had all you guy's doing his dirty work. Save some room in the front pew because maybe someday Sam will realize he is basically a criminal steeling money from fellow Americans and will need to ask for forgiveness.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Like" with my one thumb up!

are his granddaughters on the stripper poll yet?