Neuromodulation

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post fits right in with typical Boston scientific logic and culture. Stupidity.
    Do you think CMS didn't see what you sleezy Boston Scientic people were trying to do? Manipulating the system for in office trials? C'mon man, how many of these 32 contact trials did you think it would take for the red flag to be raised? Literally thousands of dollars more than what CMS was accustomed to paying for in office trials...

Your company management is killing a very good therapy on trying to make a quick buck, and your reps are the worst in the industry. My docs laughed at your drop your prices act too. You have car salesman written all over your face.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, let me apologize for giving you such low self esteem, having now dropped to a distant third place in market share behind BSC and MDT. Second, your jealously is flattering, but your whimpering and chastising is embarrassing. Please stop Dbag

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is. But along with that, 2 of Your recent SCS trial pts have also decided that MRI is more important. I didn't even have to OMG them and lie to the office. Can I get those trial images from you please? JK, the physician has them.
    btw, thanks for the work and the revenue db.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that none of this childish arguing is helping any prospective patient make a possible life-changing decision. I also am very interested in making the right decision based on accurate and relevant information. Come on guys, do you really know?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to say in my last post that it is very important that I am able to have an MRI at some stage after I have a neuromodulator implanted. Does that narrow the field with my options as far as which one I go for? Also I have spinal fusion C4-C7 and at L4/5, L5/S1 and need or want to have both areas covered by neuromodulation. Do I need one or two units and do they both have to be the same?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Medtronic is the only company that has FDA approval for full-body MRIs on their new stimulators. Speak with your physician about this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston has head and neck labeling on their new system for MRI, MRI is popular but in most cases isn't the preferred scan. Living with sub par stimulation for the rest of your life just in case you need an MRI, doesn't sound like the best option to me for controlling pain. If you are trialed MDT or SJM, regardless of what your rep or doctor say, ask for the OMG to try the boston stimulator and peripherals. You really have nothing to lose, and keep in mind that device is just a gateway to hook up competitive leads to a boston system. It is not patented and any company could make a similar device.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRI is the Gold Standard in many diagnostic best practises, including CVA/stroke. CT with or without contrast, unfortunetly, limits the ability to diagnosis and treat. I feel saddened that BSX would stoop so low and even convince to a patient that MRI is not a preferred scan, especially when a rep clearly has no medical knowledge. I am sorry the company decided to focus and prioritize their technology benefitting themselves and the doctors pocket, when MDT strove for patient safety as their priority, like full MRI capabilities. If you do decide to go with BSX, ask the rep where there closest MRI center that will accept you. There are not many of the special MRI machines and head coil that will work with their system in this country. If they give you the name of one, call and make sure they will even do it. I have noticed that the centers that are capable of doing it, will not based on liability issues.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love that this is a company wide response to Medtronic's MRI system. So what you're telling me is that the boston system feels different? Big deal. Medtronic has class 1 evidence to back up their claims of better pain relief and the patients can get an MRI. Here's a question. If your mother was getting a stimulator implanted would you really want her to not have the option to get an MRI? Cancer screenings, cardiac exams, stroke exams... The list goes on. MRI is the gold standard of diagnostics to look at soft tissue and patients everywhere should have the opportunity to this tool if possible. The good news is now it is possible for patients to have a stimulator and still get MRI's. No one knows what tomorrow brings. Could be cancer, or a car wreck, but my family members will get Medtronic's SureScan system. Hands down the best Stim product on the market.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, had my trial and I was electrocuted every time I farted. I will now try weed like dr. Gupta promotes. No surgery needed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It is not patented and any company could make a similar device".
    exactly- any company could have also developed 16 contact trial leads but choose not to ruin the therapy for short term $.

After your rep used the OMG that didn't work, he took the pt to lunch to further discuss the benefits of Boston. The physician loved that part. You're just the dirtbags of this therapy.
    Spin it how you will.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear previous poster who is clearly an mdt rep, mri is not the preferred scan for CVA/stroke, that would be PET/CT.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRI

An MRI produces a picture of the brain using a large magnetic field. It also can show the location and extent of brain injury, but the image is sharper and more detailed. An MRI can distinguish between the blockage of blood flow due to a clot, which causes transient ischemic attack and ischemic stroke, and bleeding, which causes hemorrhagic stroke. This type of diagnostic technique is often used to diagnose small, deep injuries. After the first 24 hours, MRI can identify the exact size and location of the area affected by a stroke. This information may help the doctor determine how well the person may recover from a stroke.

An MRI is more sensitive than a CT scan in identifying changes caused by lack of oxygen to brain cells during the first 72 hours after a stroke. An MRI is more accurate than a CT scan of the head in identifying multiple small strokes within the brain. An MRI is also better for detecting strokes in the lower, back part of the brain (cerebellum) and the part of the brain that connects with the spinal cord (brain stem). An MRI seems to be more accurate in detecting strokes caused by clots (ischemic strokes) during the first 3 days after a stroke, but the test is less accurate if it is done in the first 24 hours after symptoms first begin.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sad. Key heavy hitter from marketing left. So sad. How do we stay. Up float?

Can someone provide an answer.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha. Are you for real? MRI is the most accurate scan to identify CVA/Stroke. Why do you think MDT brought head scan conditional devices to market in 2005?

Let me help you with some evidence - http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/33/9/2144.full

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't need no evidence around here we got 32 units of L8680!

Oh crap, that was last year before we made CMS kill the goose.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The management at BSN couldn't find there ass from a hole in the ground.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry their ass!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BSC has the best sales leadership in the business. Not saying much given the bar is already incredibly low with sales leadership at Jude and MDT

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't compare bsx management to Medtronic. Medtronic is on a whole different level across the board. Better company, better products, better people - period.