Neuro layoffs Friday

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Feb 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are done for now but everyone is looking.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few more to cut soon.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the vibe on the layoffs? Glad I left this place a long time ago.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here, so glad to have left that miserable place. There will probably be more layoffs, since they want to do it just before they give out bonuses in March, so that they don't have to give out bonuses to those that they're letting go. Those funds will be re-distributed back to that team at the discretion of management, and I bet that the most senior managers keep most of it anyway.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More layoffs as reps will be replaced with cheaper HCP reps.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's wrong with this strategy? They should outsource more resources. Why they pulled back on the outsourcing of Accounting is beyond me. Fill those gigs with higher paid incompetents just to appease the government. Should also outsource HR, Legal, all Finance, Customer Services, etc.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You still get paid out your Q4 bonus if you get laid off- and nothing gets redistributed. All lies from someone that admits they already left - kind of comical really.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's true for the sales reps, but not for the corporate pukes. SOL for anyone getting canned at Bridgewater.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More layoffs soon

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The outsourced finance team was a disaster. They couldn't do anything unless you wrote out a script for them to follow and if the script didn't contain every single possible scenario, they threw their hands up and sent it back in house at the first step requiring thought.

It wound up being more work to use them than it would have been to keep it in house and was a complete waste of money.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously, you should have written the scripts for them. However, they wouldn't hide things for you, so you cut them. Basically, you don't know how to manage.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the B&L acquisition, I was told that I was redundant, they were transitioning all the Accounting resources to India, and that the company had to let me go. Luckily, I landed on my feet, but I blame management for over-complicating things, since more often than not, they seemed to be chickens with their heads cut off. Don't get me wrong, there were some good decent people there before, but the leadership was made up of insecure, overpaid, indecisive managers.

Good riddance.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like there are hiring taking place and not layoffs right now? The vicious cycle of hire, layoff, hire others then do layoffs, hire more in the spots where the layoffs were then do layoffs again. The 3-5 year ongoing cycle of pharmacy now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outsourcing accounting was a disaster. The people they used were only capable of following a script to the letter, but the second something went slightly different, they couldn't do a thing. If it required any thought at all, they were incapable of doing it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the while, the CFO and controller were making horrible decisions. So, two negatives make a positive.