Navigation

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh oh-- what next? Glorious leader is gone. Will you make it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

???What the hell are you talking about? Can you please explain further?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they mean what happened to pesterfield

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on why he got the hatchet?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was he on the company jet too?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Willing to bet it involved alcohol. Guy is a major idiot when he drinks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

got a phone interview for a navi position coming up. never been high end cap sales, only OR disposables sales. really wanting to take that next big step to a more expensive device and of course those top comm $$$.

can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would wait a bit. Their President, or Global Manager whichever, was just let go. In common Stryker fashion, they are being hushlipped about the entire ordeal and those who know why the meathead was fired aren't telling anyone. Means they are going to be in some serious flux, and unless they promote from within, it's going to be a very bumpy ride for a bit. The ASR role has always been tough for Nav, but it's not a bad role if you really want to learn the product fast. The most successful ASRs who eventually take a territory are those that learn the surgery techniques the best. Also, there is no such thing as technical support, so any repairs done to the systems will be by you. Pain if you're not technologically savvy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was never in high end capital sales an I love it. By far the hardest job I have ever had but it can be extremely rewarding finacially and personally. You are exposed to numerous specialties as well as the entire capital process. I love interacting with everyone from nurses to C level decision makers. Hard job but if you can sell Nav you can sell anything.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on why JP was canned?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was running a train on the flight attendant of the company jet with Steve MacMillan.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is the funniest comment yet!!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never heard answer to this one.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the story with this division? Leadership turnover, scandal? Is it still a viable place to work at stryker?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the Orthopedic Div. reps still run the Nav. Devices during Hip and Knee cases? There were never enough Nav. reps around so the ortho. guys had to handle the equipment. Nurses and Techs knew nothing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the Nav rep is willing to pay them per case out of pocket. Or, if their Ortho Doc refuses to use their knee without Nav.
    Other than that, no.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently interviewing for an ASR Nav position and just would like some insight. I have had quite a few interviews with Stryker Nav and (I'm fairly confident) an offer is coming down the line and I dont know if I should take the plunge. After reading this board and others about navigation, I am a little scared off. I currently have another offer from a DePuy total joints distributor and I am torn between Nav and Ortho. What is the better division to get into. I like Stryker being a W2 but is a Nav ASR the way to go?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two totally different product types. Really have to decided if you want an implant or capital sales career.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I w3as in several accounts with Stryker Navigation recently. The Ortho Div. rep was working the Navigation equipment in both hospitals which has the equipment. I thought the Navigation reps ran the equipment for hip and knee cases?