Nasty and condecsending recruiters

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have now dealt with 3 of these Publicis recruiters over the last 4 months. Each one is either nasty, mean, condescending, uniformed or a combination of some or all of these traits. Most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with in my entire professional career. I wish their clients (the people that hire them to get reps) knew how they conducted themselves with candidates.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That about sums it up. I have had a similar experience with PSS and to top it off their knowledge about anything is horrible or non-existent. They totally disrespect employees and are very demeaning. Not a place you want to be and yes I agree that the clients that hire PSS need to be aware of the way they treat employees.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason the PSS recruiters are so pathetic and unprofessional is clear; you get what you pay for. PSS does everything as cheaply as possible. Look at some of the recruiters profiles they have here on LinkedIn. Most were just a one time part time CSO rep or a a manger at some dumpy company that promotes on ass kissing and doesn't train or develop based on skill. These clowns are hired on the cheap as "recruiters" and they get off on being condescending and rude and basically have no clue what they are doing and they don't care to find out. Why is way? Because they report to no one and can do whatever they want. PSS set up this system and they do know what is going on. They just don't care because it's about you not them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that the PSS recruiters are only concerned with checking the box and filling a territory with someone. They don't have to work with the person so they may not have the biggest concern for you as a candidate. Once the spot is filled, they are on to the next one. Beyond that, who cares about the recruiter. The real question is, can you work with the manager.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only 3 comments here? if recruiters were so bad think there'd be more? might have more to do with those complaining?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree. What you reps don't realize is that we hold the power of employment vs unemployment so you need to show some class and treat us with respect or you will not be working here. Is that too hard for you to understand?

-Your PSS Recruiter

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone needs to go to ripoffreport.com and read the info submitted by a interview candidate regarding a drunk recruiter, Susan Beach. Hilarious and so telling about this place.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew SB at InVentiv. Total phony and position climber. Major fake and phony. Therefore she is a perfect fit for this dump.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know that nastiest and most condescending recruiter I ever dealt with anywhere works here. Named Marnie something in the Philadelphia area. Most people from Philadelphia are rude and obnoxious but this broad is just plain nasty. With an old granny name like "Marnie" (LOL) you can't really blame her for being a beotch and always in a bad mood.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why in the world can't any of the pss recruiters ever do what they promise??? I literally have never seen a company operate like this. They say they will contact you at a specific time then do not, then screen your calls and emails for weeks without ever returning a single one. Embarrassment to have ever been associated with even thinking about applying at this clown show.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My experience also. They are the most condescending, on the cheap group you could ever run into. Don't have any experience. There is no training and they don't care. PSS does everything on the cheap, so that's what you get. Clown show for sure!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do any of the recruiters they use have any recruiting experience at all? It sure doesn't seem like it. They should just use outside recruiting companies because the system they have in place definitely does not work and is making their company reputation even worse than people think (if that is even possible LOL)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think it matters who they plug into these jobs.

I know recruiters get a bad name because they do not follow up, but that is usually at the request of the company they are working for.

They definitely are in a tough spot because if they send 10 people to an interview, 9 are going to be upset.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand that but the two recruiters I have spoke to at PSS both said they would call or email those how interviewed and did not get selected. I took two days off from my job to attend the interviews. One of them even said "I pride myself on always following up". LOL. I never heard from her again and she refuses to return my calls or emails. They are just bold faced liars and con artists. Shit company employing shit recruiters- what a shocker!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, they probably are making sure their first candidate takes the job before they tell you. You are likely the second choice.

It does stink that the recruiter did that to you. I have had at least 10-20 do the same to me in my 20 year career. It happens.

The worst I ever had was flying to the West Coast, a 3,000 mile flight, only to not get the job and not hear anything!

My suggestion to you is to NOT take more than 1 day off for these interviews. ONLY interview locally. The exception would be a trip for the final interview. Hang in there. Keep applying.

My guess is that you are trying to break into the industry?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not trying to break into the industry. I have over 12 years experience and 7 in the particular specialty they were recruiting for. The recruiter said I sounded like a great fit and just what they were looking for and what a great opportunity it was. She also said that my taking 2 days of vacation time would be well worth it and she would keep me updated. Well that was 8 months ago so I doubt I am their second choice. LOL They are just a bunch of lying con artists that will say and do anything. They deserve to be exposed and made fun of on here. You usually cannot post their names here because the read this board constantly and contact the website to get posts removed. They want to cover up their lying and incompetence as much as possible.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its definitely disappointing when a peer lets you down like that.
    And, you have every right to be upset about how this was handled.
    Don't get fooled again, and I am sure you will not.

Also, don't get bitter about it, because you will just be sabotaging yourself. I was so upset at some of these recruiters, that I failed to do my best when other recruiters called me, as a lumped all recruiters as slime. That was a big mistake, because there are some good recruiters.

As for the interviews, I would strongly suggest ONLY doing local interviews, at your most convenient time, so you will not lose time at work.

Good luck! You have a lot of experience, so I am sure something will come up for you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they told me they would scrape out my fetus